Pre match thread

M_Afro

19 minutes ago, Skruff said:

If this is to work McGinn and Ramsey needs to be in top from, sadly neither are. How stubborn can you be? Hopefully there's something in the system that will eventually click. Can't see it happening though.

Wish we'd see something like this

Archer - ------- - Bailey

----------Buendia--------

Tim-Kamara-Luiz 

That would be an interesting lineup to see.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

BT Sport 4. They got Gabby on there too 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Oh well, better than 5Live with Dion Dublin and James Somebody arguing that SG hasn't had enough time to get his ideas across.... and essentially, in summation, arguing we need to "step back and see what going on".

I don’t mind the lineup that much. It’s how they’re being asked to play that is ruining us. We won’t have much of the ball this game so if we can frustrate them and hit on the break we could nick something.

Just please don’t concede from a set piece!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know bugger all about picking a squad:

Aston Villa: Martínez, Digne, Konsa, Mings, Cash, Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Watkins

I would swap Chambers for Konsa and Luiz for McGinn

Now I am off downstairs to watch the game. You lot can go bugger off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t mind the lineup that much. It’s how they’re being asked to play that is ruining us. We won’t have much of the ball this game so if we can frustrate them and hit on the break we could nick something.

Just please don’t concede from a set piece!

Spot on. 

I'm not defending mcginn etc because they're not playing well  but the formation really puts players in unnatural positions. 

The selections on paper aren't that bad. 

The worst thing he has done is make McGinn captain, he's way out of form and Luiz played well on Sunday hence should be starting tonight but because of the ridiculous decision to make him captain, he's made a rod for his own back.

It's how he sets us up that's the main issue. 

Just want to see some real fight. UTV