Pre match thread

M_Afro

Martin Keown just summed it up perfectly. Full backs over worked. Midfield having to cover too much and too easy to play against. 

It just isn't going to work in this league.  

Only chance we have at losing today is If we pack the middle and keep it really tight like the early games. Play on the break.  We try to play his system and they’ll rip us apart.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Arteta must be scratching his head wondering why Stevie would set up the same team that got mauled by Palace.

Like when you're playing poker and the fish just keeps raising when you have aces.

Imagine it will be similar to last season’s corresponding fixture. Only thing that saves our midfield is our captain getting injured as crazy as that sounds. Dougie must be so fed up. This game matters to us, but probably not so much to Gerrard so what does he really care; think he knows he’s a deadman walking. Interesting to see if the away fans turn on him tonight. Imagine they might

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

The opposite - Buendia being played out left to drift centrally more and cut in on his right. Similar to what Coutinho did/does. 

Not my ideal winger and prefer Buendia as the "10", but its more then likely the Gerrard Christmas Tree... 

I expect the opposite...they both prefer the right, but Bailey has often played on the left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Martin Keown just summed it up perfectly. **** backs over worked. Midfield having to cover too much and to easy to play against. 

It just isn't going to work in this league.  

Only chance we have at losing today is If we pack the middle and keep it really tight like the early games. Play on the break.  We try to play his system and they’ll rip us apart.

Literally everyone can see it at this point I think. We are tactically probably the worst side in the division 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not shit that he don't know his best 11 though is it, after how many games?

Such an outdated concept, the days of playing the same 11 through a season are long gone. It's about having a squad and using horses for courses.

Just now, smokingzen said:

Such an outdated concept, the days of playing the same 11 through a season are long gone. It's about having a squad and using horses for courses.

I agree...but Ramsey and McGinn together doesn't work against anyone.

27 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Bollocks. Konsa over Chambers? McGinn over Luiz? Ramsey again? It’s pathetic. 

Chambers is our best CB available to I agree with that. Ever thought Luiz may not be starting because he won’t sign a new deal and could even be off tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, TomC said:

I expect the opposite...they both prefer the right, but Bailey has often played on the left.

I see your point.

I just wouldnt expect Gerrard to want Buendia ever as the "CF" unless he wants to gamble with a "False 9" type or a fluid front 3. But I can't see Gerrard ever actually implementing that successfully in training to have it put on match day 😅

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Chambers is our best CB available to I agree with that. Ever thought Luiz may not be starting because he won’t sign a new deal and could even be off tomorrow? 

If he’s off tomorrow why put him on the bench?