Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/22 at 22:59

That was a special kind of bad. Utterly dull insipid bland performance and we were ideal hosts for the hammers to get their season up and running.

Never looked liked scoring all day. The west ham goal as a bit of a fluke but we gave them impetus by not dominating the game.

Our genius system seems to be based on our full backs giving width when neither of them can really cross a ball, or just long punts for Ings or Watkins to run up blind alleys to. 

Plus the brains behind the operation left to go to QPR. By all account he took most of the coaching ideas with him. Yet again i do wonder what they do at bodymoor.

Coutinho is a like vintage rolls royce with a knackered engine. When he comes back he should just be an extremely expensive impact player off the bench. Money well spent?

Gerrard has had a whole pre season and nearly 2 transfer windows and to his credit we actually now look worse. 3 wins in 15. I think its only 3 homes wins since January and they have been versus Norwich (relegated) Southampton (seem in a big decline) and Everton (ditto). I dread to think we will look like versus Arsenal and City this week.

All of his subs were too late. 3 mins for Archer was taking the pish.

The talk of qualifying for Europe seem laughably deluded and I expected media savvy Gerrard to start toning down our season expectations, provided he doesn't get sacked.

Utterly dreadful. Thanks Villa for ruining another weekend.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It wasn't even a bad performance, or an unwinnable game.

Under normal circumstance it would have been easy to say that was " unlucky " due to the nature of the goal.

However this was legit one of those where the Manager actually prevented us from winning the game with some absolutely ridiculous decision making.

If it wasn't for the fluke goal, even a draw on the balance of the game would have been a shit result.

I'd say it was a really bad performance. 

We didn't create anything all game against a team dead on confidence. 

My feelings, I am so angry so sad

I just got back in, I feel that I never want to go again while he is manager, not a bloody clue.,

His tactics of keep the ball in our own half have destroyed any positiveness for me.   

Matty Cash no longer runs up the wing, no one takes any one on and tries to dribble past them. So much possession they have forgotten how to take a player on.  We played so narrow with two strikers, later started on the wings and took off one of the strikers ?

Introduction of subs, I couldn't see what shape we were playing and I was as high up in the Holte as possible, the subs seemed to have no idea where they were supposed to be, Then bring Archer on for a couple of minute FFS why -- so he could get booed too. SG sat down as soon as the goal was scored,

Finally my lad swore in front of me twice. Obviously I know he swears but with respect he does not swear in front of me as I never swore in front of my parents 

Rant over 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chaos with the train from nuneaton to lichfield earlier meaning the 1105 and 1205 were cancelled so had to get 12:55 to lichfield and just made the cross city connection to aston, got to the ground with 20 mins gone.

Got into the ground and saw that we had a lot of the ball for a change in the middle of the park but we just dont do enough with it, its slow, ponderous passing, always in front of the midfield and defence and never playing the pass when it was on. Players just don't move off the ball either, we need some urgency in the team, look at City, 2 down in 4 of the last 6 games but come back to win always. we don't have that belief unfortunately....we are in for a long season i reckon, 14th place beckons again probably

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Outside of Man City, and Liverpool ( once they get it together , which they will / are) every team is very beatable in this league. This is why tactical decisions will be so pivotal this season. This is feeling like this season will be a opportunity missed.

Yep, this season feels like anyone outside the top 2 can be beaten and so is a really good chance for a well drilled team to finish in the European places.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Won me £100 :) 

If your team losing makes you happy… then crack on. I would rather we had won than gain £100 notes. But that’s just me..

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rigs said:

If your team losing makes you happy… then crack on. I would rather we had won than gain £100 notes. But that’s just me..

It's hedging my bets, if we win, great, if we lose, there's a few rounds paid for

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Finally my lad swore in front of me twice. Obviously I know he swears but with respect he does not swear in front of me as I never swore in front of my parents 

Give your boy a little grace. I was swearing up a storm while sitting on my comfortable couch. I couldn't imagine dropping hard earned wages on tickets, food and transportation only to be served up that eye bleeding performance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Away at Arsehole on Wednesday and home to Citeh on Saturday. Two arse rapings incoming!

We will get something out of one of those games and unfortunately it will save stevie…. but id rather lose them and have him gone tbh 

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’m a Dean Smith fan/nostalgisist, so I guess I would say this, but Deano would have us in a better position right now had he kept his job. And I wasn’t really against replacing Deano when we did. 

Gerrard has proven himself to be absolutely clueless. The decisions he makes about team selection and game management are just monumentally moronic. 

I loved deano but lets face it none of these two were able to bring us to the next level simply not good enough 

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I loved deano but lets face it none of these two were able to bring us to the next level simply not good enough 

Yeah, like I said, I wasn’t against replacing Deano when we did, but in hindsight we’d probably be better off keeping him than going with Steve Gerrard. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rigs said:

A man of my own heart. I wouldn't mind being stuck behind enemy - lines with you.

What price loyalty? A hundred pound apparently. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

We will get something out of one of those games and unfortunately it will save stevie…. but id rather lose them and have him gone tbh 

I'm not to sure we will tbh, in fact Arsenal may well try and outscore Liverpool's Bournemouth exploits.

Today was the game to get 3 points against a West Ham team who tbh looked poor.

Â