Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/22 at 22:59

26 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

It came across on tv like everyone was in unison. 

No not the whole ground, but a significant minority portion from all stands.  And boos followed him all way while he walked from the dugout to the tunnel. 

Some people around me were also talking about when Gerrard will get the sack.

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Really?? People were pissed off and there was definite booing but Zouma got worse boos.

IMO anyway (i was in upper holte). i can't remember it ever being that loud...certainly wasn't as loud towards zouma

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Serious question, would the players privately down tools in the next two games and take a good hammering to see him gone? Not saying they will or it’s what I expect, just wondering if they would consider it?

That’s the kind of thing Agbonlahor would’ve done (and did with Garde). If any of them did it it would leave a pretty nasty stain of unprofessionalism on them.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I was in Trinity, maybe we just really love cats.

i was personally disappointed at the lack of abuse towards zouma from the holte! maybe i should move to the more cat loving trinity...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It wasn’t the whole ground, not anywhere near it. Most people were just grumbling and pissed off. But it was a sizeable amount and I’d say it was more aimed at Gerrard than the players.

I wonder if they turned the mics up for the tv. 

Sounded like most of the ground to me, definitely the upper and lower Holte and seemed other parts of the ground were as well.  As I said post game, that shocked me it was so much of the ground and so loud.  I’ve heard boos post game down the years but that was one of the most loud and unison I’ve heard from around the ground.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i was personally disappointed at the lack of abuse towards zouma from the holte! maybe i should move to the more cat loving trinity...

We were loud booing every time he touched the ball.  Lack of chants I agree but the ground knew every time he got the ball.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, the fan and player discontent as well as alienation is actually worse than the results/performances.

Couldn’t agree more mate. As fans we want to feel part of something. Success is just relative, Fulham fans will celebrate staying up as passionately as City fans will celebrate another league title. We all just want to feel part of something, and I feel like Gerrard is destroying what Smith gave us back.  

56 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is Percy saying Gerrard has up to the Southampton game to keep his job? 🤔

I’m not sure it’s takes much inside knowledge to come to that conclusion mate. Sunday was the first time I felt a real turning of the tide towards Gerrard at VP. If form sticks we lose our next two, and a Friday night game is the worst possible next home fixture  for Gerrard. 

A Friday night game means rightly or wrongly a lot of fans are going to be full of alcohol, and if we don’t get a result on the back of 4 defeats the atmosphere could turn like did it for Bruce’s last game.

Edited by av1

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Really?? People were pissed off and there was definite booing but Zouma got worse boos.

No chance, Gerrard’s boos were some of loudest I’ve heard

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

Not really. There was some, but I’ve seen it a lot worse for others. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TomC said:

Do you really think Ings wants him to stay? Watkins gets more time than him even though he has played better for most of the last year, and SG benched him the game after he scored a goal. Not to mention that he isn't getting the kind of service that he thrives on. I doubt he's the biggest fan.

Well Ings and Watkins doesn't work (We all knew this under Dean Smith!) Yet Gerrard continues to play it. Ings get picked above Bailey and Buendia. So yeah I think Ings is loving life under Gerrard.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No Gerrard's worst nightmare is Buendia in the starting 11 and McGinn on the bench.

He will get nightmares when the next manager play Buendia and Sanson, and get us into Europe.

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

No, think it was just the upper Holte really, definitely not the whole ground. There were plenty of chants of 'Steven Gerrard's claret and blue army' so I don't think the crowd has turned yet. Can't be too far off though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well I wasn't so maybe it was only 41, 795 booing and jeering. 

I don't boo and jeer the team, not being on a high horse or claiming to be a better fan, it's just my preference. 

There were a lot of boos but not close to whole stadium. 

loud in the Holte but a third of the stadium had already left  so definitely not all of them.

Microphones are always well placed.

12 minutes ago, regular_john said:

There were plenty of chants of 'Steven Gerrard's claret and blue army'

That was during the game trying to get (rightly) behind the team along with other chants.  I didn’t hear any of that at the end of the game which was just loud boos from at least upper and lower Holte and at least The Witton stand from my vantage point at the front of upper Holte, right side of the goal.  It did look like the lower tier of the trinity was booing as well.  It was really loud though.

I knew, what we were trying to do, but we just couldn't do it.

Dougie Luiz coming off was a brain puzzler, but JJ coming on made sense,  but his runs just cam to nothing.....the decision was fine, the outcome wasn't.

just a couple of snippets......

• why was Bailey doing a step over in the centre circle , (towards the end of the game) and lost the ball, when he should have been displaying his blistering pace.
  • What was Konza doing throwing himself on the floor, in front of Fornals, he looked like he was trying to avoid a bullet as opposed to a ball.
  • When was the last time a ball in the air, going out by an inch, resulting in a goal chalked off.......I suspect that has happened to that minimal degree and not been picked up.
  • Taking off Luiz, allowed Rice and Soucek, to swap their half for ours and the writing was then on the wall...despite a fluke.

I thought the first half we acquiited ourselves well in terms of containment, in view of our last encounter of West Ham and the Crystal Palace debacle.....but the front men are toothless.

Â