Kingman

To be fair, you can't win with people.

From

" We desperately need a win and performance "

" We need a run in the Cups! "

" If he loses to Bolton, he has to go tomorrow "

to

" The team is too strong! " 

Usually, i'd be moaning about using such a strong team in the Cups, as I prioritise the League.

HOWEVER, desperate times call for desperate measures.

HE knows he needs a result and performance, and WE know we need some positivity.

So i'm absolutely fine with this, it shows they are taking us seriously and want to make amends.

I don't get what people are moaning about.

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Weak team = he dont care

Strong team = he's panicking

Can't really win can he

Weak team and win = well done. 

Strong team and scrape a win = Hmmm

Strong team and thrash Bolton = What everyone should expect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He can't afford to lose any games. Bit of a bottle job really, playing the first team, although I expected no less.

Let's be honest here, some of you just hoped he would have put out a shit team, and we'd lose, to " speed up " a process. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From

to

Usually, i'd be moaning about using such a strong team in the Cups, as I prioritise the League.

HE knows he needs a result and performance, and WE know we need some positivity.

So i'm absolutely fine with this, it shows they are taking us seriously and want to make amends.

Not moaning, just disappointed that the kids and fringe players don’t get to play.  

And more pressure on Gerrard with that line up - a 1-0 or terrible performance with that team against League One won’t win him fans.

From

to

He can win this game without so many first teamers. This reeks of panic 

Let's be honest here, some of you just hoped he would have put out a shit team, and we'd lose, to " speed up " a process. lol

I didn't expect (nor want) the B team, but it would've been nice to see some of the youngsters. Instead McGinn starts once again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We don't really have a "weak" team we can field against League One Bolton do we?

No we could field an entire second string and should be able to do the job against Bolton. It's why we've spent a huge sum of money the past 2 years to make us competitive.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would have been okay with it to be honest, give Sanson a a few others a run. Shows Gerrard ain't shitting it too!

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nope, I hoped he’d play fringe players to get them some game time (seeing he doesn’t rotate in PL games anyway) and with that weakened team still dominate and win by a couple of goals. It’s not too much to ask that our second or third string can beat a league one side??

Edited by ender4

what the lineup tells me is that Gerrard realises he is in a huge pickle and under no circumstances can lose this game, or even perform badly and scrape a win, as that would almost be as bad as a loss.

Terrible though that none of our youth players get a run out, whats the point of Timmy or Archer being around the club if they wont get minutes, they clearly need to go out on loan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From

to

I’ve said something along these lines. I’ve also just said I understand why he’s not played Tim. It’s absolutely desperate we’re having to use a game against Bolton to try and make something click. Same formation, Mcginn still playing. At least chambers finally gets a start but I wouldn’t be surprised if Konsas back at the weekend. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From

to

Just to be clear  I wasn't moaning about the strength of the line up. I'm just surprised by it

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it wrong that I'm hopeful of seeing us score five or six here?

Not wrong at all. That should be your expectation. Thats a pretty much full strength PL team packed with internationals against 7th placed League one Bolton who have had a disastrous few years.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer