Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I was looking forward to seeing the youth and archer and still getting the job done comfortably. Honest to **** what's the point. 0-6 should be a par score.

Gerrard can't beat Bolton without 2 30m strikers and a full strength midfield of internationals  that's the power of his tactical acumen and system.

Interesting that you say 6-0, this was our lineup that won 6-0 against Barrow last season, and announced Cameron Archer to the world.

Steer, Targett, Hourihane, Tuanzebe, Nakamba, Guilbert (Lindley 82), Hause, Philogene-Bidace, Carney Chukwemeka (Caleb Chukuemeka 73), El Ghazi (A Ramsey 63) Archer.

If Archer and Iroegbunam for sure werent going out on loan then I think they would definitely be starting. I know everything has to be spun into a negative with regards to Gerrard at the moment, as if there aren't enough genuine negatives, but I think there's probably sound reasoning for them not playing today, he even suggested it himself before the game, so not sure why people are surprised that they're not playing. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, trillvillan said:

I have a feeling we start out extremely slow and lacklustre. 

What are the odds for Bolton to hit us in the first 25 minutes 0-2? 

I think we'll smash them 5-0 and be singing everything is awesome by 10pm tonight 

Get papering 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can't moan about this. We have to win, you don't take any chances with that. 

Exactly, I never expected anything but a strong team.  The team have confidence issues, the manager is under pressure and the fans are out for blood.  

A good win even against a lower league team gets some confidence for the massive weekend game and at least some small amount of joy for the suffering fans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

We can but hope Gerrard uses this to experiment with 2 DMs. Having Luiz and Kamara in the team makes it at least possible to switch.

No Gerrard won't take no risks switching it up against a powerhouse side like Bolton

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

The main annoyance is it looks like the midfield shape is the same, rather than the personell

I think Luiz naturally has more discipline than Ramsey so it should be an improvement regardless imo. Unless of course he's been told to play in the same exact way.

• Like 1