Weekends Football 5/7 August

andykeenan

It’s like the ref is flipping a coin when there is a foul of whether to blow or not, bizarre.

What worries me about this kind of officiating is you know when Villa play a Liverpool or City that they’ll be reffed to this standard and us to a much stricter one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, penguin said:

It’s like the ref is flipping a coin when there is a foul of whether to blow or not, bizarre.

What worries me about this kind of officiating is you know when Villa play a Liverpool or City that they’ll be reffed to this standard and us to a much stricter one.

Of course it’ll be like that

give me the odd dive being given as a foul over blatant ones not given over and over again 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

Yeah it's a mess.

City and Liverpool have set such a standard, refs now want big six to win every game so they don't draw attention.

Officiating against them is a joke, you get nothing. Every time.

Super league might already be here.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We play much slower than either of these sides.

Yep, both look super slick. We were ponderous often last year. Devolved to give it to Coutinho and watch him lose it a lot of the time.

Arsenal need to learn how to rest in possession if they're going to play like this.

It's unsustainable as we've seen from this second half. They should probably take Liverpool's asthma inhalers first off, that would help them.

• Like 2

Might have already been mentioned, but Bayern Munich started the season with a tricky away tie at the Europa League winners Eintracht Frankfurt.   

5-0 to Bayern at half time.  I'm guessing the bookies have paid out already. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh no! Blues won. Disappointing. I was hoping for a winless season for them.

However shit they are, and they really are, they always end up in the top six after five or six games. 

The the freefall starts. 

• Like 1

Â