Weekends Football 5/7 August

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Matip is very clever in the way he gives out a little nudge here and there.

Fulham have done well, Jurgen will be very unhappy that his Liverpool team have been forced to kick off at 12:30, so soon after breakfast, nobody thinks of the players welfare, it's just  like the suffragettes.

Very true - grass looks a bit on the long side too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mentioned Firmino as the type of striker that would work if we go for our two-tens system so watched him closely in that half. 

The ball sticks to him like glue and his touch and interplay with others is very sharp. 

However, he needs two wingers with him to score the goals as he just isn't in the positions to finish a move. I don't think that would work for us if we play the narrow tree.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Was wondering what they were doing still starting Tim Ream but they've been great. Silva having experience of top level compared to previous managers they've had is important and they still have a few other signings to integrate but think they'll finish 14th/15th this time.

Silva's experience will definitely help them. Not so sure about 14th/15th. This game isn't over yet and it is a long season. Saying that, Fulham playing much better than I expected

1 minute ago, useless said:

Norwich actually playing well, could easily have scored three or four goals, very much a scoreline against the run of play as it stands.

That's good, I am watching the Fulham game. Is Ramsey on the bench?

Edit: just checked and he isn't

Edited by Peter Griffin

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can see him being gone in a few weeks. Said it at the time, it was a disaster of a decision to go to Norwich when he did.

I dunno, i dont see any excuses, that Norwich team is easily one of the top 2-3 clubs in the championship squad wise, there is literally zero excuses if he cant get them winning.

Most managers in the champ would give their right arm for Norwich's squad.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jurgen's in a full on mood.

Thiago has picked up a thigh strain.

Too many games, summer break too short, opposition not player against them how he wants them too

How are Liverpool supposed to play 90 minutes with this fixture congestion? They’re exhausted and have to play Villa in a behind closed doors friendly tomorrow. The football authorities should write to Kloppy to apologise

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Silva's experience will definitely help them. Not so sure about 14th/15th. This game isn't over yet and it is a long season. Saying that, Fulham playing much better than I expected

Paliniha been amazing for them in midfield, exactly the sort we lack in central midfield although hopefully Kamara can hit ground running and stay fit and McGinn gets back to 2019 form with the armband.

Edit: Fulham could easily get a second here, win this 2-0 and still get miles less press coverage than that heroic Leeds 4-3 defeat at Anfield on opening day 2020!

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, VillaChris said:

Paliniha been amazing for them in midfield, exactly the sort we lack in central midfield although hopefully Kamara can hit ground running and stay fit and McGinn gets back to 2019 form with the armband.

He's one I've wanted us to sign for a while. Same with Saliba for Arsenal. Both would have been fantastic signings.

• Like 1

some great work by Mitrovic a couple of minutes ago aswell to hold it up and continue the attack. He seems like a much more complete and well rounded striker now. If that was our team we would have let the attack break down by running into trouble rather than hold it and wait for support. Interested to see how he gets on this season but signs are looking good

• Like 1

Â