Weekends Football 5/7 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't know whether the guy is guilty or not, which I assume is the same for most people on here but the concept of innocent until proven guilty is clearly lost on many

What do you think the word alleged means?

I don't know whether the guy is guilty or not, which I assume is the same for most people on here but the concept of innocent until proven guilty is clearly lost on many

Innocent until proven guilty, but accusers have very little to gain given how seldom (alleged) rape cases are actually prosecuted. Not saying there are never cases of false accusation where rape is concerned, but you can consider those a lot rarer than with certain other crimes.

So the principle may be the same but the probability factor involved is somewhat different.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Martin Tyler is a **** word removed aswell. Sounds like he had money on Palace the way he's gurning here. What's wrong with him? Must really hate Arsenal.

He has always been a piece of shit commentator, got away with it for long because Gray and Keys were bigger clearings in the woods

He just tries for soundbites

• Thanks 1

Arsenal look a completely different side now in terms of style...  You can really see what Arteta has done on the pitch.  Took a long time to get to this point, but they're going to be fun to watch this season.  

I know exactly what the word means, hence my comment. Just in case you don't know what it means it is to assert something without proof

I’m innocent of what you’re asserting, your honor

Just now, est1874 said:

Innocent until proven guilty, but accusers have very little to gain given how seldom (alleged) rape cases are actually prosecuted. Not saying there are never cases of false accusation where rape is concerned, but you can consider those a lot rarer than with certain other crimes.

So the principle may be the same but the probability factor involved is somewhat different.

Accusers have a lot more to gain when the alleged perpetrator is a PL footballer earning over 10m a year. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Accusers have a lot more to gain when the alleged perpetrator is a PL footballer earning over 10m a year. 

Jesus Christ.

I suppose it pains you to the core that Sigurdsson, Mendy and Greenwood are currently suspended?

• Like 4

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I think we should end this conversation here, as you're making it fairly clear where you stand on such matters, and I can only vehemently disagree with your perspective.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Jesus Christ.

I suppose it pains you to the core that Sigurdsson, Mendy and Greenwood are currently suspended?

Not in the slightest. I am just not condemning a person as guilty without evidence. 

Words can’t describe how much I detest this ‘letting things go’ style of reffing

just call it a foul if it’s a foul ffs

games just end up getting out of control 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I think we should end this conversation here, as you're making it fairly clear where you stand on such matters, and I can only vehemently disagree with your perspective.

Yeah, I stand on the innocent until proven guilty side. If u want to judge people on what you read on social media then that is your call. I use a little more critical thinking to that

Yeah, I stand on the innocent until proven guilty side. If u want to judge people on what you read on social media then that is your call. I use a little more critical thinking to that

Critical thinking? Like nudge nudge wink wink how much does he earn? 😉😉😉😉

• Thanks 1

Â