Weekends Football 5/7 August

andykeenan

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Please oh please can they keep up this standard of refereeing all season? No fouls awarded for dives and even a yellow for Xhaka simulating.

No yellow for Jesus saying fook you to the ref either 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, I stand on the innocent until proven guilty side. If u want to judge people on what you read on social media then that is your call. I use a little more critical thinking to that

Good for you. Recommend you do a bit of research into rape litigation and how hard it is to prove that a perpetrator is anything other than innocent.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Please oh please can they keep up this standard of refereeing all season? No fouls awarded for dives and even a yellow for Xhaka simulating.

1) he’s not giving blatant fouls 

2) it won’t be consistent. It’ll be biased towards the top teams. Especially city who are incredibly snidey and cynical with their constant fouling 

Zaha doesn't get the free kick. Straight up goes after the Arsenal defender and tries to take him out.

Is there a more loathsome petulant odious footballer playing right now? An absolute horrible piece of shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, est1874 said:

I think we should end this conversation here, as you're making it fairly clear where you stand on such matters, and I can only vehemently disagree with your perspective.

Do we really want a system where people are presumed guilty and have to step out of society until they have proven their innocence, every time an accusation is made against them?

That’s not how this should work.

If the guy is guilty he deserves every punishment the law allows but until then his name should remain secret and he should be able to continue his life. 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Good for you. Recommend you do a bit of research into rape litigation and how hard it is to prove that a perpetrator is anything other than innocent.

Yeah it is good for me and it has nothing to do with my understanding of rape litigation. I even posted earlier that I DO NOT KNOW if he is guilty or not and you choose to ignore this and still try and suggest where I stand on this, just demonstrating your lack of critical thinking. Try removing the bias and social media and using your brain. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do we really want a system where people are presumed guilty and have to step out of society until they have proven their innocence, every time an accusation is made against them?

If the guy is guilty he deserves every punishment the law allows but until then his name should remain secret and he should be able to continue his life. 

But if Twitter says he is guilty he must be

The play acting is driving me mad already, Ayew lying motionless when his team had the ball in the final third. They had to kick it out and then he immediately got up. So annoying. It should be bookable.

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Accusers have a lot more to gain when the alleged perpetrator is a PL footballer earning over 10m a year. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is not what I said. Stop making things up

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

In rage inducing news over here in the USA Peacock has decided not to stream this live on their service have to wait till 6am tomorrow to watch the replay. So why am I paying you Peacock?

Because it's on the USA Network and not Peacock.  Peacock+ only shows the games NBC doesn't play live on one of its networks.  

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Just think though, it would be equally difficult for a person to prove their innocence if the burden of proof was the other way around. 

For me I think it is right that people are considered innocent unless convicted of a crime.

It would be messed up if people were considered guilty until they can demonstrate they are innocent every time someone is accused of a crime. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

Okay, you're a prosecuting lawyer. How do you propose convincing a judge and/or jury of your peers that a man who says sex with his accuser was consensual is in fact guilty of something non-consensual? There is no proof otherwise, unless you basically have footage. You can't use forensics because in the vast majority of cases, these don't help and are consistent with everyday sex acts.

It boils down to a defendant's word against his accuser's, in which case - with infinitely more money at his disposal - a multi-millionaire will always walk free, thanks to high-profile and highly-paid counsel, injunctions etc. Doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, he will walk 9 times out of 10.

For this reason, high profile rape 'cases' (accusations) are disproportionately not brought to court or prosecuted any further than the media / social media.

Innocent until proven guilty, until that maxim fails all victims everywhere, in which case we need something a bit smarter and fairer. It's a mire and a minefield but these multimillionaires don't need you standing up to defend them, the system is already tilted in their favour and they have plenty of lawyers doing that for them.

Â