Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s a hard man in the sense that he grabs everyone and that’s it 

Or body checks them 3 minutes after the ball has gone. Yet when he gets touch tight to anyone he's getting ragged all over the gaff.

I'm dreading the United game Sunday after what they did to him at Old Trafford.

As others have said he's not good enough to be a regular starter for us.

Not anywhere near Konsa's level sadly.

I was really excited when we signed him and I don't think we should underestimate the impact of that horrific injury he got.

Surely he's destined to return to Spain or move to Serie A in the summer.

It's a shame, but the drop-off from Pau, Konsa and (pre-injury) Mings to then Carlos and Lenglet is too much for where we aspire to be and how we aspire to play.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That lung was ridiculous near the end. Luckily ref just played advantage and forgot about it.

As said above needlessly getting sent off would've been indefensible given the injuries we have at CB.

Yeah, as much as the ref seemed against us yesterday, if he’d have given Carlos a second yellow, I couldn’t have complained. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was really excited when we signed him and I don't think we should underestimate the impact of that horrific injury he got.

Surely he's destined to return to Spain or move to Serie A in the summer.

It's a shame, but the drop-off from Pau, Konsa and (pre-injury) Mings to then Carlos and Lenglet is too much for where we aspire to be and how we aspire to play.

I think it is the impact of the injury.

I said in the match thread last night he didn't look to have control over his legs. His long passes were going the wrong way. He was putting balls out for corners unnecessarily. His positioning was often wrong. He just didn't look coordinated in any way.

Hopefully game time will bring him back up to speed. 

• Like 2

Despite his absolute monster physique (and utter insistence that he takes his top off at any and every opportunity), I think he's a sensitive soul. If the team is playing well, then he can be too, but he's not the sort of chap who will drag up the team on his own through sheer will. He doesn't have that in him. 

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

He was amazing in December. I am sure there is a quality CB in there.

Without looking did we play Bournemouth in December because all I think about him is sloppy pass for their opener and same again vs Manure when it was 2-0. Feels like a Gerrard flop on balance

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Without looking did we play Bournemouth in December because all I think about him is sloppy pass for their opener and same again vs Manure when it was 2-0. Feels like a Gerrard flop on balance

I was thinking of Man City and Arsenal games where he really stepped up.

• Like 1

Very error prone in Spain before we signed him, so no real surprise he can be a liability at times. Never convinced me he's anything other than 4th choice when all our starters are fit based on ability.

Overall he's only really had this season to get going and acclimatise to the league but age is against him and he doesn't seem like a composed clever footballer that can get by without his physicality.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I think it is the impact of the injury.

I said in the match thread last night he didn't look to have control over his legs. His long passes were going the wrong way. He was putting balls out for corners unnecessarily. His positioning was often wrong. He just didn't look coordinated in any way.

Hopefully game time will bring him back up to speed. 

He doesn’t trust his acceleration. Another part that’s killing our offside trap is that his starting position is too far back because he wants to start deeper to compensate for that lack of acceleration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

He was amazing in December. I am sure there is a quality CB in there.

Had Pau alongside him holding his hand pretty much.

Carlos-Lenglet just dosen't work against better attacks, not enough authority or pace.

• Like 1

Â