Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Lack of alternate RB. Was a problem after the window closed and now seeing it when we have a busy fixture list. 

Agreed. Kinda.

Regardless of how you rate Cash, he should be starting at right back with Konsa in the middle. 

That’s what we left ourselves with and that’s what we should be playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

He doesn't play consistently, so will be very difficult to play well consistently.

Fine. I guess the reason he doesn’t play consistently because he isn’t quite at the right level. 

I really want to like him, but I don’t think I rate him all that much tbh. 

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Lack of alternate RB. Was a problem after the window closed and now seeing it when we have a busy fixture list. 

Yeah I think if Mings hadn't got injured we would have signed a right back rather than Lenglet.  I'm not entirely convinced by Carlos so far but I think Cash and Konsa must have started every league game pretty much so I can understand resting one of them today with the next 2 games coming up.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Digne was offside when Watkins flicked the header on.  Looked pretty clear cut to me.

When they first looked at it from the right hand side I was confident there was no offside. When they flipped it to the other side it looked marginally off, but then when you look at the angle they were judging it from it was very difficult to tell.

The result was a bizarre perspective to be trying to draw lines from. I'd say it was very unclear and therefore you can't give it as off.

2 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

When they first looked at it from the right hand side I was confident there was no offside. When they flipped it to the other side it looked marginally off, but then when you look at the angle they were judging it from it was very difficult to tell.

The result was a bizarre perspective to be trying to draw lines from. I'd say it was very unclear and therefore you can't give it as off.

I hate the angles they use, they are always slanted so gives off weird perspective of where players actually are in relation to opposition.

How hard is it to put up cameras for every ten yards of the pitch and then at least you can get more accurate reflection of where players are.

Or just implement the automatic technology but then the clubs stupidly voted against that so over half of them only have themselves to blame.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Usually feel nervous when Carlos is playing now sadly. He was a really good CB at Sevilla, is that all gone now?

Still not convinced and twice shite under 2 different managers away to Bournemouth

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Stop it just get the ball out and stop playing dangerous passes so close to our box

Change our whole ethos of play? This is what Emery has got us playing since he arrived, it’s high risk but ultimately high reward we are not going to change 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really and it was two mistakes for the first goal. Really strange stuff. Trying to atone for his error he's stepped out to block or win the ball completely abandoning his position...but did it at an absolute snails pace with no real aggression.

Looked like a player who hasn't played a lot of football which is about right. Quite strange game away from home to a form high energy side to put him in against and that's on Unai tbf.

Watched it again, you're right, I think the pass is a mistake but can happen. The rushing out to the ball (the decision to do it) was awful.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Change our whole ethos of play? This is what Emery has got us playing since he arrived, it’s high risk but ultimately high reward we are not going to change 

No not change our whole play but sometimes its ok to nit hoof the balm out of space when your under your intense pressure.

We make so many bad mistakes like this and this is why we cant keep clean sheets

• Like 1

I can understand why Emery is playing Konsa at right back and bringing Carlos in, but doing this vs City or Arsenal is a huge risk. Carlos and Pau just don't look comfortable as a pairing and need more time playing together.

Cash is either decent or poor, not much in between this season, but if we defend like we did against Bournemouth we will get torn apart.

That turnover looks worse and worse each time I watch it. So lazy and careless considering the location on the pitch. Really poor concentration. Not a stellar performance on the whole, and he's probably played himself back onto the bench.

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I can understand why Emery is playing Konsa at right back and bringing Carlos in, but doing this vs City or Arsenal is a huge risk. Carlos and Pau just don't look comfortable as a pairing and need more time playing together.

Cash is either decent or poor, not much in between this season, but if we defend like we did against Bournemouth we will get torn apart.

We had no Kamara and he is our option to drop into RCB in possession. So we went with Konsa at RB to allow us to build with 3 at back. 

We will go back to our reliable home team setup now Kamara is back 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We had no Kamara and he is our option to drop into RCB in possession. So we went with Konsa at RB to allow us to build with 3 at back. 

We will go back to our reliable home team setup now Kamara is back 

Still doesn't make any sense thst he brings Cash on and takes Konsa off instead of Carlos.  

39 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Still doesn't make any sense thst he brings Cash on and takes Konsa off instead of Carlos.  

Konsa had played every league minute available until then. Unai has City and Arsenal in mind I think. 

Bournemouth felt very cup-like in his decision making. 

Carlos is not a bad CB at all, but he does have a lapse of concentration in him from time to time.

I think people would do well to remember that he has played a total of TEN MATCHES in English domestic football too, so this is a fairly new experience for him and we will need to bear with him at times. 

• Like 3

Â