Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

It is typical Villa isn't it? To have a new player who played 2 games for us and potentially out for months if not the season.

Rarely see that with other teams e.g. that new player Haaland for man ci&y will not get injured nor Jesus for arsenal.

Someone on here I am sure could come up with a list of new Villa players being clagged early in their careers for the Villa.... 

Get well soon Carlos we need you back

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Which of the enemy did this to him?

Havent managed to find a clear video

I was at the game and genuinely didn't see what happened. There were about five players down around that time with various levels of cramp and little knocks and whatnot.

At the time I just thought it was cramp. I thought Cash had been more seriously injured at the time tbh. It was a chaotic few minutes 

6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

It is typical Villa isn't it? To have a new player who played 2 games for us and potentially out for months if not the season.

Rarely see that with other teams e.g. that new player Haaland for man ci&y will not get injured nor Jesus for arsenal.

Someone on here I am sure could come up with a list of new Villa players being clagged early in their careers for the Villa.... 

Get well soon Carlos we need you back

Our players have been targeted, assaulted and violently abused for years…

Richard Wright committed GBH on Nilis...

Ben Mee attacked Wesley…

Some rocket polisher in a Newcastle strip broke Okore…

Our players need to be protected more…

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope the trainer who came out and pushed his foot toward his leg understood the injury and didn't make it worse!

It’s interesting you say this. I was at the game and it was chaos at the time with injuries all over the place and subs waiting to be brought on. So I watched some of the game back this morning, he gets attended to by the club doc who seems to treat him as if he has cramp with the upright leg foot pushing thing but Carlos is pointing to his ankle. There seems then to be a communication issue because then they motion to Emi Buendia who appears to appear to do some translating and a short time late he hobbles off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was at the game and genuinely didn't see what happened. There were about five players down around that time with various levels of cramp and little knocks and whatnot.

At the time I just thought it was cramp. I thought Cash had been more seriously injured at the time tbh. It was a chaotic few minutes 

Happened coming down from contesting a header with Rondon at 91:42. Lands on both feet, doesn't look particularly heavy from the TV angle but he drops immediately.

• Thanks 1

It's a massive blow to how we want to play and we'll be massively exposed against the top sides as we will struggle to build from the back now as we've no press resistant ball playing CBs other than Carlos 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's a massive blow to how we want to play and we'll be massively exposed against the top sides as we will struggle to build from the back now as we've no press resistant ball playing CBs other than Carlos 

This.

We will effectively be back to a CB partnership that does not work.

A real shame if he’s out for a while but I’d much rather focus on signing a quality midfielder that would help protect the defence and allow us to keep hold of the ball better, an aid to Kamara.

Mings and Chambers should be fine (Konsa needs time to refocus, get sharp and fit and recover form - maybe reflect on recent poor performances which aren’t the norm for him) until Carlos returns and Kamara can slot in as required so long as we have that addition in midfield…. running out of names/links but that’s a job for the scouting department - to have identified the best options. We really need some physicality and a dominant presence in midfield, a ball playing “rock”, it would bring us on so much… we must improve our passing game.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

This.

We will effectively be back to a CB partnership that does not work.

Exactly. Just rewatch the first half of the Arsenal game at VP from last season. Or look at how Brighton and Brentford pressed United so hard. We're gonna struggle without Carlos and our game won't be able to advance. It's a hammer blow and if he's done his Achilles he's gone for half a year minimum. So back in February or March? Season is essentially over by then. 

It's an absolute disaster 

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s interesting you say this. I was at the game and it was chaos at the time with injuries all over the place and subs waiting to be brought on. So I watched some of the game back this morning, he gets attended to by the club doc who seems to treat him as if he has cramp with the upright leg foot pushing thing but Carlos is pointing to his ankle. There seems then to be a communication issue because then they motion to Emi Buendia who appears to appear to do some translating and a short time late he hobbles off. 

Sounds about right. A few times over the last few season you'd see players waved back on only to break down a minute later. Never see it anywhere else.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Still not revealed what the actual issue is yet?

All I've seen so far are relatively vague " Get well soon " from a couple of out players and the OS posted " Back stronger Diego ".

Really hope it's nothing huge.

It really does sound like something huge if they send those kinds of messages. 

• Sad 1

it does not sound good, Gerrard said after the game he is waiting on a scan and results but that the doctor said it isnt a good sign, he will wait for the results of that scan before getting a replacement in. As others have mentioned it was chaos in those final 10 minutes and so many of our players were down, it looked like EMI M was doing cramp exercise with him, the doctors were tending to cash i think it was and then soon rushed off to treat the other player. Was hoping they showed more of the chaotic seens on MOTD as i was there but there was so much to process but it didnt really get looked at, they just showed the triple sub.

Â