Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Telling moment with Carlos in the 2nd half tonight vs ManUre

Having received the ball deep in his own area he played square to Konsa and immediately pointed to play it back to Olsen. When Olsen got it he was screaming and pointing to play it out wide to Cash on the opposite side.

Doesn't seem like much - but it's exactly the type of communication and organisation you want from your central defenders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s actually looked better when partnering Konsa and Chambers than he has with Mings. Which is weird because Mings usually elevates the performance of those two.

He is used to playing left not right. Kounde played right with him at Sevilla 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on. There was a moment in the United friendly where I thought to myself, yep, we’ve got ourselves a top drawer defender here.

Martinez saved a shot from outside the area but parried it back into a dangerous area, Carlos tracked it along with a United attacker and they both got to the ball at the same time but Carlos, not panicking, just used his frame to manoeuvre the United player away from the ball whilst simultaneously turning and clearing the ball away.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The internet tells me Carlos is 6ft 1in and Dougie 5ft 9in but on this clip the difference looks much more. 

Carlos looks like a giant!

Can't wait to see how he settles in the side.

• Like 1

So he's one of the vice captains alongside Emi 🤔 Very interesting indeed. Not least because I wasn't sure if he even spoke English. (Not trying to be controversial here, just would assume clear communication is key if you're going to be wearing the armband, however seldom it might occur).

25 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So he's one of the vice captains alongside Emi 🤔 Very interesting indeed. Not least because I wasn't sure if he even spoke English. (Not trying to be controversial here, just would assume clear communication is key if you're going to be wearing the armband, however seldom it might occur).

You've missed the South Americans first policy of the recruitment team obviously.😀

Â