Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Already falling in love. Specimen! Him and Mings can hopefully form a good understanding in the early weeks. I want to see two sets of ladders saluting the away fans at Bournemouth on August 6 after a good away win to kick off the season.

Ben Chrisene looks like a man already too, be good to see him over preseason.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Already falling in love. Specimen! Him and Mings can hopefully form a good understanding in the early weeks. I want to see two sets of ladders saluting the away fans at Bournemouth on August 6 after a good away win to kick off the season.

Ben Chrisene looks like a man already too, be good to see him over preseason.

Looks like the kind of bloke you cross at your peril ! Very quick in the clips I’ve seen , could be a good one this 👊

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The language barrier must be really difficult. I think we should get a few more Brazilians in to make him feel at home.  

It's getting to the stage now that it's just easier for our new recruits to learn Portuguese or Spanish instead of English in order to fit in.

I think that was more aimed at the suggestion that we should sign more Brazilians... 

He'll be ok, I'll assume he at least knows a bit of French having played for nantes and kounde being his partner for a bit in seville

Said before with Luiz that from my experience playing abroad its not so much knowing basic English because they all kind of do its the changes in terminology, playing Germany they don't say "man on" they say "mann komm" (man comes - kw) which is still easy enough but for things like drop deeper and I'll even translate it to komm tiefer that doesn't work, after 3 years of playing I still don't know how to get the line to drop deeper, they don't call it deeper they call it something else

there's different terminology, phrases and shouts let alone languages and accents 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2022/07/06/aston-villas-diego-carlos-gets-blown-away-on-day-one/

Not sure if he thought we trained down the local park or something!

Aston Villa's Diego Carlos gets blown away on day one

New Villa signing Diego Carlos admits he has been surprised by the quality of the facilities at Bodymoor Heath.

The £26million centre-back arrived for his first day at the training ground yesterday after signing for Villa at the end of May.

“The first day was very good. A surprise,” he said. “I was surprised by the training ground, everything was really nice.

“I was also very well received by all the players and the people who work here. I’m really happy and thank you to everyone for being so welcoming. Well the facilities, the truth is from when I first walked through the door, I noticed the training ground. They were great, very good pitches, very good facilities. Everything inside was really nice. I’m really happy to be involved with this team.”

Carlos added: “I’ve tried my best to communicate but it’s been difficult, but I’ll get there little by little.

“I was speaking to him (Douglas Luiz) and he was really helping me out with my communication, telling me about the training and the club. He is a really good friend.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

When looking at this post on my phone with half a the quote hidden, all I can see is

Aston Villa's Diego Carlos gets blown

No wonder he signed for us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

When looking at this post on my phone with half a the quote hidden, all I can see is

The Tim Sherwood facials are still happening at Bodymoor Heath then 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I was sure the next word would be ACL.

I guess that makes me a misery guts while you're a dirty perv.

My Mum always said never trust a man with a moustache. Was apparently fine if a lady had one...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Bit weird..

What’s weird about it,  having said that I’m guessing it is a bit weird showing respect and a touch of class in today world. 

Â