Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Can't argue with either signing so far. A top quality physical midfielder plus a decent striker puts us in danger of being a properly decent team next season. Can't remember a time we looked more serious and professional. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

'But you will still finish 14th'

'You guys are going to get bankrupt'

'Why are they not investigating you guys'

'They only came for the money'

'You only got him because nobody else wanted him'

Just some messages I got from colleagues, friends and family lol.

People outside of the club just don't  understand NSWE are the real deal.

• Like 4

Just now, dubbs said:

People outside of the club just don't  understand NSWE are the real deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people outside of the club don't even know that we have some of the richest owners in world football. NSWE fly under the radar. They aren't the kinds of owners that want to be in the spotlight, so Villa have these owners worth tens of billions and no one outside of Villa seems to know that. 

• Like 3

With Kamara we've added a player comfortable on the ball who is just as capable of passing to his left as his right. With Diego Carlos we've added a player who is comfortable on the ball who is just as capable of passing to his left as his right, and is comfortable playing on the left or right. In other words, we no longer have to play exclusively down the left in attack, which will make us a lot more difficult to defend.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its across the board on twitter too. Aston Villa are massive, all these millennials see us small fry because we fell on hard times, and its been a long time coming, but we are finally acting like a big club again and nobody likes it. The tears is nothing but soulfood for me. 

I mean we need to do something first… at the moment we are a club that finished 17th, 11th and 14th in the last 3 seasons and were a championship club for the 3 years before that. 

Even the 4 years before that we were a relegation threatened club.

So basically we haven’t been a top half club for a decade.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its across the board on twitter too. Aston Villa are massive, all these millennials see us small fry because we fell on hard times, and its been a long time coming, but we are finally acting like a big club again and nobody likes it. The tears is nothing but soulfood for me. 

Exactly that, a lot of people still have a certain view of us. There's always something with us, when we got promoted it was 'you're going down anyway' 'You're doing a Fulham'. Then we survived then it was 'Hawkeye failed and saved you' then Grealish left it was 'Villa are getting relegated'. 

I'm just making mental notes to the people who have said something along those lines... I just have this gut feeling they will be eating their words soon.

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

With Kamara we've added a player comfortable on the ball who is just as capable of passing to his left as his right. With Diego Carlos we've added a player who is comfortable on the ball who is just as capable of passing to his left as his right, and is comfortable playing on the left or right. In other words, we no longer have to play exclusively down the left in attack, which will make us a lot more difficult to defend.

Matt Cash says hi

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

'But you will still finish 14th'

'You guys are going to get bankrupt'

'Why are they not investigating you guys'

'They only came for the money'

'You only got him because nobody else wanted him'

Just some messages I got from colleagues, friends and family lol.

Pretty harsh comments from your nan there mate.

• Haha 1

Great to see us getting  2 major deals done early in the pre-season window. Both are improvements in areas of weakness and both look as though they will strengthen us in both meanings of the word. Hopefully we will lose that soft underbelly.

Welcome Diego.

The future is bright!

I feel a bit nervous about this one. We’re clearly offering people mega bucks to join us which is fine if they are outstanding. Is this guy that? I don’t know, he’s wasn’t called up for the last Brazil squad.

Im hoping he’s great, and I’m not normally negative, I’m just not sure about this transfer. 

Loads of salty spunktrumpets on Twitter saying he's not that good and makes far too many errors. Jog on jizzgoblins! 

• Haha 1

Â