Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

Just now, theboyangel said:

Maybe they played against Fulham yesterday?

possibly, Gerrard did say he wanted to give this Rennes lineup as close to 90 mins as possible?

• Like 1

Wonder what the shape will be. Possibly fluid anyway, but with Kamara, Luiz and McGinn we can go 433 or 4231. Possibly Gerrard's ideas evolving after what he saw against United.

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

pretty decent selection from gerrard. Curious why so many missing from bench though.

No point is having any big guns sitting on the bench when they can be having a 90 minute game elsewhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

possibly, Gerrard did say he wanted to give this Rennes lineup as close to 90 mins as possible?

That would make sense

If the plan is konsa and Carlos play 90 with feeney there as an injury back up only then mings can stay at home with his family rather than get dragged out there 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia wont play in midfield. Loses the ball too much. 

Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey can all swap positions and interchange,
Luiz and Kamara offer us better balance and control the middle

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

kind of feel for Mings a bit here, presumably been sent to play in the 'less important" friendly against Fulham whilst the main focus and main team are in France

Due to the injury maybe konsa needs it more

I'd actually have him as our 4th choice anyway, mings and Chambers should be ahead of him 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Due to the injury maybe konsa needs it more

I'd actually have him as our 4th choice anyway, mings and Chambers should be ahead of him 

Konsa will definitely benefit from some game time, remarkable to see him ready to play already after his injury late last season, will be interesting to see how he does, hoping he is a lot more relaxed when called upon this year

• Like 1

The fact that Chambers isn’t in the squad allays any fears over Mings’ and Buendia’s status in the squad I think… 

Would at least have liked to see Emi starting or heavily involved… I really hope he doesn’t continue to be undervalued by SG…

At least we aren’t seeing Ings & Watkins together. Hope Bailey makes an impact again.

Good to see Luiz alongside Kamara in midfield…

Edited by Jas10

Mandanda is a decent goalkeeper but never settled at Palace I don't think, don't know any of their other players but they finished decent place last year so should be a good contest. It's the type of European fixture we usually have as a home pre season game for £10 a ticket which is often a good watch

Â