Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

They've just sold a youth striker to Bayern for £25m, not bad. Keep your eye out for the Villa-linked Tuffert and Santamaria. Also the Leicester-linked Bourigeaud. The Belgian Adama Traore, Jeremy Doku, has another hamstring strain so probably won't play against us.

They're a good side and a very well run club, but their current first team has several big holes. 

They sold their #1 CB to West Ham and their #2 is injured, they're really scrambling to try and find a replacement still, few deals have fallen through. Maybe they'd like big Korts?

Anyway, I think this is a game we should absolutely be playing well in with their current issues. Good chance for the forward(s) to get some goals. Praying to see Buendia in that starting XI as it will probably be the Bournemouth team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rennes just sold a 17 year old player called Mathys Tel to Bayern Munich for 30million. He only made 1 appearance for the club aswell! 

Edited by messi11

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

spacer.png

Dont want any of this Coutinho dropping deep being ineffective. He can bring Digne into the game on the left, Bailey & Cash seem to have a good understanding already on the right. Buendia is tenacious enough to be the one to come a little deeper and help out in midfield as a hybrid 8/10; we saw how he sees a picture before anyone else and can play the balls to set Bailey free. Chambers and Carlos deserve the chance now to build up a relationship to probably start the season. Can see Martinez becoming captain, dont think Mings did himself any favours with his pre-season performances.

McGinn and Ramsey both have big seasons ahead imo. Think it could be McGinns last unless he proves many wrong, think he’s been quite poor for a while now. As for JJ, he’s set a standard now that he needs to maintain. The hype and momentum he built last season could easily fizzle out if he has more and more annonymous games, which he can be guilty of. 

This but I think I'd gamble on Ings. Very tempted by Archer as well.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 08:31, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

spacer.png

Dont want any of this Coutinho dropping deep being ineffective. He can bring Digne into the game on the left, Bailey & Cash seem to have a good understanding already on the right. Buendia is tenacious enough to be the one to come a little deeper and help out in midfield as a hybrid 8/10; we saw how he sees a picture before anyone else and can play the balls to set Bailey free. Chambers and Carlos deserve the chance now to build up a relationship to probably start the season. Can see Martinez becoming captain, dont think Mings did himself any favours with his pre-season performances.

McGinn and Ramsey both have big seasons ahead imo. Think it could be McGinns last unless he proves many wrong, think he’s been quite poor for a while now. As for JJ, he’s set a standard now that he needs to maintain. The hype and momentum he built last season could easily fizzle out if he has more and more annonymous games, which he can be guilty of. 

Spot on. The exact starting line up I’d like to see. Somehow doubt it will happen though.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 06:24, messi11 said:

Rennes just sold a 17 year old player called Mathys Tel to Bayern Munich for 30million. He only made 1 appearance for the club aswell! 

Someone please tell B.Munich that Carny wants away.

Interesting that there is so much variation in the likely starting 11. 

Question marks over preference on so many players makes you realise how much work remains. It also suggests we need another CM and forward/striker.

McGinn has to start given the captaincy statement. For me Sanson should be in the mix too, as well as Ings.

Is this situation a good or bad dilemma? Sadly I think it’s a bad one, but you’d hope the squad will dig in and some champions will prevail in those positions unlike last season.

40 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

With Bailey on the wing I would like to see Ings in the middle 

I can see why, I think Ollies movement up top would be needed with Buendia and coutinho looking to create chances. Both would work 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 08:31, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

spacer.png

There’s no way he’ll play that formation and there’s no way Ramsey and McGinn won’t be starting. 

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just a reminder about kick-off time that 18:00 CET is 17:00 in the UK.

Thanks i wouldn't have realised and missed the start.   

Do we know any channel (globally) which is showing the match?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Thanks i wouldn't have realised and missed the start.   

Do we know any channel (globally) which is showing the match?

Will be plenty of opportunities 2 minutes before kick off 

Â