Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

19 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If you’re the manager… do you play your first 11 or continue to test out options?

We should start our best eleven as we have shown no cohesion on our tour of Australia. If we go into Bournemouth like this we are in trouble

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz   Kamara   McGinn {since he has to start as new captain I would still prefer Ramsey/Sanson}

Buendia    Bailey

Ings

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We should start our best eleven as we have shown no cohesion on our tour of Australia. If we go into Bournemouth like this we are in trouble

Not bad to win two and draw one (that being against one of the “big six” clubs) with no cohesion. Can only make you optimistic about the coming season I guess.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not bad to win two and draw one (that being against one of the “big six” clubs) with no cohesion. Can only make you optimistic about the coming season I guess.

the big 6 team that had 0 goal diffference last season and finished 35 points off the top and we scraped a last minute equaliser after a disgraceful first half with the guaranteed starters

I would say thats no cohesion

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the big 6 team that had 0 goal diffference last season and finished 35 points off the top and we scraped a last minute equaliser after a disgraceful first half with the guaranteed starters

I would say thats no cohesion

I think we agree, then. Not a bad set of results for a team with “no cohesion” (whatever that actually means, which I suspect is nothing).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

To help you out...

No cohesion
/kə(ʊ)ˈhiːʒ(ə)n/
an underlying opinion
  1. the feeling or fact of forming an opinion that you do not like the manager regardless of the results or improvements seen in the team
    "until Stevie G goes the use of 'no cohesion' can be used to discredit his work"

Tbf i was at the Leeds game and for long stretches it did look like 11 random guys thrown onto a pitch in the same coloured shirt

Just now, Icarium said:

Tbf i was at the Leeds game and for long stretches it did look like 11 random guys thrown onto a pitch in the same coloured shirt

Lucky you, I would have enjoyed going to a pre season game in Aus. Most preseason games feel a bit like that though. With often 11 subs at h/t and with the manager trying out new things and players getting up to speed  I would be very surprised to see sexy flowing football.

Â