Pre Match thread

duke313

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

FFS that bastard 3rd kit being used. The bloodbath we will endure is going to be unbearable. Surely we could have played in white

Im fearing it could be 6/7

The third kit?  😞  Might actually give this game a pass

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

If we go our usual set up, we'll be crushed. 

It won't happen but i'd just play our fastest attackers and hit balls over the top.  City will be playing a ridiculously high line from the off to try and get a goal, if we can hit them on the counter we MIGHT just nick something.

• Like 2

I’m still hoping for my dream scenario.

We beat Man City 1-0 and then Liverpool concede an injury time equaliser to lose out on the title on goal difference. 

admittedly that’d mean City win the title but it’d be palatable (just) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

FFS that bastard 3rd kit being used. The bloodbath we will endure is going to be unbearable. Surely we could have played in white

Im fearing it could be 6/7

Chelsea put 8 past somebody once on the last day to win the title before, I fear it could be similar

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We beat Man City 1-0 and then Liverpool concede an injury time equaliser to lose out on the title on goal difference. 

admittedly that’d mean City win the title but it’d be palatable (just) 

Well us winning 1-0 is 45/1 on it's own with Coral and the draw at Liverpool is 14/1 (1-1) & 33/1 (2-2), so that would be two doubles @ 764/1 & 1,733/1! Fill your boots! :D The two results pay 151/1 the double, which would be  slightly more likely one to come in, but only slightly more likely....;) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea put 8 past somebody once on the last day to win the title before, I fear it could be similar

They only need to beat us though, I don't think they would bother after hitting 5, but hopefully we will do considerably better than that. 🤞

So Michael Oliver who is a Newcastle fan will be reffing this. If we were to somehow win this it would potentially put us above Newcastle in the table. 

Reassuring to know that this is not considered a conflict of interest by PGMOL.

12 hours ago, est1874 said:

So Michael Oliver who is a Newcastle fan will be reffing this. If we were to somehow win this it would potentially put us above Newcastle in the table. 

Trust me, he was a lone gunman. 

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Nah, losing the final game, but winning the league because our rivals fail is our patented technique. 

• Like 2

• City have lost just one of their last 27 Premier League games, while they are unbeaten in 11 since losing 3-2 at home to Spurs in February.
  • Manchester City have triumphed in all five of their final league games of the season under Guardiola by an aggregate score of 20-1.
  • Aston Villa have won just one of their 21 Premier League away games against the league leaders (D3, L17), beating Leeds United 2-1 in January 2000. (I went to that one!)
  • Aston Villa are winless in their last 16 matches versus the Premier League leaders, losing the previous seven by an aggregate score of 21-1.

But on the positive side:

• Ollie Watkins has scored in all three Premier League appearances versus the reigning champions, netting five goals in total.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, est1874 said:

I think the battle for 12th is not really top of the PGMOL agenda