Pre Match thread

duke313

I dont really care what happens today as long as Liverpool dont win the league. In an ideal world that would mean Liverpool losing and Villa winning but in reality we'll be 3-0 down after half an hour.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Do we play one striker and try to stop the onslaught in midfield and defense or two strikers and go for goal

IMO as much as I am an Ings fan, I would play Olie on his own 

Personally hope we go for playing two strikers.

IMO City will dominate the midfield regardless of how many strikers we play but at least let's try and carry a goal threat and I think we will with both Ings and Watkins playing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I dont really care what happens today as long as Liverpool dont win the league. In an ideal world that would mean Liverpool losing and Villa winning but in reality we'll be 3-0 down after half an hour.

Very much this!!

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Seems to be from Argentinian media the rumor come from.

You'd hope that's not true as it would seem a bit odd resting him when we only have one more game to go. Olsen against Burnley would have probably been fine but not against City. 

He posted this 3 hours ago so it hopefully just smoke and mirrors: https://twitter.com/emimartinezz1/status/1528313383291953153

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’d rather Liverpool win it than Man City.

I'd rather be castrated than see Liverpool win a quadruple which is highly likely if Man City dont win today.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, claretman said:

I can't believe that some people still think we have some sort of chance.  City will score within 5 minutes of kick off and we will be lucky to keep it under 4.

We're such negative Nellies as a fans base it must have a detrimental effect on the players.... But I completely agree

City win this by 5 while still playing in 2nd gear 

I just cannot see anything else other than a loss, Liverpool fans need to lend us some of that blind optimism 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Please don’t give them one of those Aguero/QPR moments in the final minutes.

I couldn’t stand it if we were somehow a goal up and then somehow lost 2-1 in injury time with Grealish helping them to the title. 

An omen? It was a former Exeter City striker who put the unfancied, down to ten men, visitors ahead at Man City midway through the second half, threatening to derail that Man City title procession ten years ago....

I'd settle for that again (but without the two injury time Man City goals!)

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'd rather be castrated than see Liverpool win a quadruple which is highly likely if Man City dont win today.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Man City are basically operating in cheat mode.

whilst liverpool winning a quadruple is nauseating, Id rather never see Man City lift another trophy for as long as I live.

They have Haaland next year too.

• Like 4

Liverpool fans having a melt down on Twitter because we may be resting Martinez 🤣. I don’t think they realise it doesn’t matter what goalie we play we ain’t winning 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bizzzle said:

Liverpool fans having a melt down on Twitter because we may be resting Martinez 🤣. I don’t think they realise it doesn’t matter what goalie we play we ain’t winning 

Yep, if we played both Martinez and Olsen in goal today won’t stop what’s coming.  Liverpool fans need to realise we aren’t much kop (pun intended 😂)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Same with me. How can anyone support city is beyond me. 

To be fair to @R.Bear I think he’s factoring in the possible quadruple… which does give it a lot if sway… but for me, I just can’t stand what City represent.

• Like 1

cant wait till this game is over and all the hype and noise around it dies down....we need to focus on our game, great if we win it but being realistic not likely to happen. get the damn season over and lets look forward!