Pre Match thread

duke313

We have talent in spots to hurt any team but the determining factor will be city’s bottle and nerve. They are human, bound to feel it. Think they’ll be camped in our half from basically kick off. We have 2 or 3 players who could hurt them if they aren’t on it. 

15 hours ago, TomC said:

Here's an idea that SG would never try but would be interesting...

If you want to throw City off their game, do what Greece did to everyone at Euro 2004...man-mark and play with a sweeper, just as a one-off. Even back in 2004, zonal marking was so established that nobody remembered how to play against a sweeper system. Guardiola's system is based on creating overloads in a zone...if everyone is tightly marked, it makes it harder to overload one area.

Of course, the weakness of man marking is that you can be dragged out of position by intelligent running. But they aren't going to be prepared to do that.

What do we have to lose?

If we play that way? The match, most likely. 

• Haha 2

2 down after 25 minutes and we'll have ruined the weekend for every single football fan wanting drama. 

4-1 final score. City to get a penalty and a ridiculous VAR intervention. 

Can't wait.

Sadly, i can't see anything other than a defeat here.

I'm not even going to watch it as the City and Grealish wankfest will be unbearable to listen to.

• Like 1

could get a draw? Jurgen, come on, you know better than anyone that if we are on top of our game, we can get seven or twelve

:trollface: 

In seriousness though he can hold onto the fact that we played really well against them earlier in the season and really should have got a draw.

Please don’t give them one of those Aguero/QPR moments in the final minutes.

I couldn’t stand it if we were somehow a goal up and then somehow lost 2-1 in injury time with Grealish helping them to the title. 

• Like 2

Part of me would be very annoyed if we some how beat City today given some of the absolute rubbish we have lost to and drew with this season. That being said there isn’t a chance we win today. I would rather City win the league than Liverpool doing the quadruple. 

Edited by WHY

Amusing that Liverpool fans have more confidence in us getting a positive result.

I'm going for 3-0 to City but obviously hope we give them a decent match.

Would like us to try and disrupt the likes of Rodri and Cancello who normally get most of the ball for them but can't see it happening.

Anyway UTV and in the words of P.Lambert "we go again!"

11 minutes ago, TheFirstMan said:

It'll be game over after 10 mins. 

Yep, they go 2 nil up in first 10 minutes then spend the rest of the game keeping the ball away from us.