Pre Match thread

duke313

9 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

normal service resumes for this game, think we will go a goal down early doors and never recover. 3-0 loss

Lawro's also predicting 3-0. His last ever round of predictions, he's retiring from it after 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Hope we don't embarrass ourselves, don't want City to win the league, but equally would hate Liverpool to win the quad - I think it will all play out pretty straightforward on Sunday with both teams scoring early and winning at a canter (especially City).

Be nice if we could make it a game for them but not sure we have it in our locker.

I would go 4-4-2 (diamond) - I don't think we have the team/players to soak the pressure up for 90 minutes and we need to stop the ball from inevitably coming back so I'd play 2 up top.

Martinez

Cash              Chambers             Mings               Digne

Nakamba

Ramsey                      McGinn

Coutinho

Ings                         Watkins 

Or 4-2-3-1 

Same GK/Defence

Nakamba           Luiz

Ramsey      Coutinho       McGinn

Watkins/Ings

Realistically though, we could name 50 starting elevens and only our keeper would possibly feature in a joint Villa/City side.       

• Like 1

A lot of huffing and puffing from us holding the score down to 1-0 until about 60 mins when we totally run out of energy and hope having been battered & bruised playing a bunch of thugs on Thursday coupled with being run around by Citys extra energy & playing style meaning they then take total control and we lose 4-0 to end the season with a whimper.

• Sad 2

What an absolute roller coaster of a season, some good moments but by and large many disappointing moments. Can’t really see us getting anything at all from this game but if their nerves kick in, especially if Liverpool are leading, then you never know.

Keeper and back four picks itself, McGinn and Luiz nailed to start. Does he go with Nakamba or Ramsey as his third midfielder? I’ve gone with Nakamba but he may play Luiz deeper and start with Ramsey.  Coutinho will start behind Ings and Watkins I reckon. 

Martinez

Cash         Chambers          Mings          Digne

Nakamba

McGinn                        Luiz

Coutinho

Ings                     Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Feeney, Young, Iroegbunam, Sanson, J Ramsey, Chuk, Buendia, Traore.

Going to say a 3-1 defeat. Guard of honour by the Villa players at the end and pictures of Grealish grinning from ear to ear. Oh well, perhaps next season we’ll have a few more enjoyable games.

Have to say I dont care about the integrity of the Premier League. Actually laughable to type that

We need look after ourselves and I would be happy to start young Tim or Chuk to get experience in a big match atmosphere maybe continue the Emi/Coutinho experiment 

I’m so utterly convinced we’ll get absolutely demolished and humiliated, I’m not even sure I can bring myself to watch the game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robby b said:

Twelvety? :s  Somewhere between 12 and 20? 🤔

image.jpeg.99c70c8ea22ee802a20cb9460dedd12f.jpeg That said, I would be happy enough with 2-0 or at worst Lawro's final prediction for us of 3-0 being correct, just don't let them run away with it. 

• Like 1

If they get the expected win no way do I want the Villa players to do a guard of honour for them. They and their oil funded billions can quite frankly go f**k themselves.

We should just put our replica 82 cup on the pitch and walk out.

Form is temporary, class my friends is permanent. 

Edited by The Fun Factory