Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Yes they do. Clyne, Butland, Benteke, Mateta, Kouyate, Schlupp, Edouard or MIlovjevic wouldnt get into our team. I dont think Andersen is all that at the back defensively

Agree, they have Zaha and Gallagher, an gallagher belongs to Chelsea. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The arrogance on here that we have better players than Palace. I’d have half their team. 

Just because we spend lots, doesn’t mean we’re a great side. We’ve improved massively in the last 5 years but we have no right to finish above Palace because we’ve spent lots in the transfer market and are the bigger club. 

For a start, I’d have all three of their central midfielders over ours and that’s not even considering Guehe, Eze, Zaha and Olise.

I think we’ll be better than them next season if we buy well but it’s foolish to think we are now. 

100 percent.

They are a much better balanced side than us.

We've got a big schlong and low testosterone. Lol ( Top heavy with a relatively poor supporting cast )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

So is this a player problem or a manager problem, are we thinking? 

Its a huge management team problem, he cant read games at all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes they do. Clyne, Butland, Benteke, Mateta, Kouyate, Schlupp, Edouard or MIlovjevic wouldnt get into our team. I dont think Andersen is all that at the back defensively

Three of those players don't get into their team...Benteke, Schlupp and Edouard were all on the bench.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

That's the benefit of having a pre-season with a new manager

Ah come on, I like Gerrard but he's had plenty of time now to impose his system.

Also you don't need a pre-season to teach players how to pass a football, it's sort of a minimum job requirement, or **** should be!

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

They can pass, press, they all know their jobs, they attack with purpose, I could go on.

We just look completely lost and at sea as usual and relying on moments.

Im inclined to disagree.

We are not perfect by any means areas to improve but i dont agree that vieria is alot better.