Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Just now, rjw63 said:

WM comms said good challenge from McGinn on Zaha - yet the ref gives a foul.

clearing in the woods.

You get so angry at the ref throughout the game without even seeing what's going on :D

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Who from their first 11 gets into our first 11? Gallagher who isn't even theirs. Zaha if you ignore him being a word removed. 

Zaha, Guehi, Kouyate, Gallagher improve our side considerably. 

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes they do.

Swap managers for the season and we'd be smashing them.

And I don't rate Vieria that highly.

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Of course they do.

So when we beat them earlier in the season with SG, was that because of the players, or the bounce? 🫂

Football isn't this straightforward.

Is Moyes a better Manager than Pep if City draw or lose today?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The arrogance on here that we have better players than Palace. I’d have half their team. 

Just because we spend lots, doesn’t mean we’re a great side. We’ve improved massively in the last 5 years but we have no right to finish above Palace because we’ve spent lots in the transfer market and are the bigger club. 

For a start, I’d have all three of their central midfielders over ours and that’s not even considering Guehe, Eze, Zaha and Olise.

I think we’ll be better than them next season if we buy well but it’s foolish to think we are now. 

• Like 3

Well. Two mid table teams delivering a forgettable game. Not exactly a shocking development.

Even if we are allowed to hope for some more magic, given the players we have. Or at least what they have the potential to be.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

You get so angry at the ref throughout the game without even seeing what's going on :D

Run out of likes, WTF???

• Sad 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

They can pass, press, they all know their jobs, they attack with purpose, I could go on.

We just look completely lost and at sea as usual and relying on moments.

That's the benefit of having a pre-season with a new manager

Palace goal...Imagine my shock at Villa not dealing with the second ball in the box after not dealing with the second ball in the box against Liverpool

Edited by birdman