vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

It's only a friendly and all that but we do seem to have on going problems with chance creation and I think it will be a problem for the entire season.

You can't create chances, if you can't stay on the ball.....also other teams seem to negate our play, with just physical contact, being early to the ball....in contrast, we just allow simple long balls to undo us.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kind of the point I'm trying to make, whilst trying to tell people not to overreact.

They've battered teams in pre season, and have quality in depth all over the pitch.

They battered Liverpool.

I'm still not worried ( Yet ).

Some of these players will be playing themselves into, and out of the Bournemouth lineup

You're having a laugh if you think this is the case...  Buendia has consistently been our best performer for the past 7 months and can't get into the starting 11 to save his life.  No, Gerrard will put out the same team against Bournemouth and we'll lose that 1-0.  

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kind of the point I'm trying to make, whilst trying to tell people not to overreact.

They've battered teams in pre season, and have quality in depth all over the pitch.

They battered Liverpool.

I'm still not worried ( Yet ).

Some of these players will be playing themselves into, and out of the Bournemouth lineup

Their team with the same 11 has improved. Ours has not, with two new players. That's the issue for me.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I already feel sorry for Kamara because he's not going to be able to fix the issues we had last season. No player can, it's a flawed system that will always leave massive holes to exploit if the opponents are up for making some runs.

It's Kamara against 3 just like it was Luiz or whoever against 3 last season.

Having a front duo of Ings and Watkins with the same chemistry as Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie had in The Tourist also doesn't help.

Don't get why we aren't playing Kamara and Luiz together. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

But seriously why would it ?

Gerrard has been here since November - he's had hours on the training pitch with the players.

The idea that 4/5 over the summer was going to transform is was always a long shot imo.

Don’t Man Utd look ten times better under their new manager? He has had less time to put his stamp on the team?

The problem is trying to shoehorn too many expensive players in to a plan that doesn’t work.

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Why is all the advertising on the boards Man U ?

Same reason they played "Glory Glory Man United" over the tannoy, **** biased scum.

If this is how we are in the 1st two months of the season id say get rid of gerrard and get poch.

Andy cole talking absolute nonsense says villa havent played bad just united playing well 🙄  really villa playing well you sound like a absolute clueless clown if you thjnk villa have been playing well 😂

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sure, but they aren’t playing intricate passing football. The pitch is **** awful.

Their second goal was a ball over the top of a far-too-static Mings with a complete mishit going in off the back of Cash. Hardly “wow, Man Utd!”

Simple yet we didn’t do anything remotely similar in an entire half of football 

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

You're having a laugh if you think this is the case...  Buendia has consistently been our best performer for the past 7 months and can't get into the starting 11 to save his life.  No, Gerrard will put out the same team against Bournemouth and we'll lose that 1-0.  

Yeah Buendia needs to be in this team.

Starting to think Luiz needs to be in at 8 for either McGinn or JJ as well.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

But who asked for intricate passing football? Most people here just want to pass to a villa player and not give it away. 

Loads of people are talking about it! Read the thread. So many comments about possession football etc.

This game is quite clearly about fitness. Gerrard’s interview even said how some players need to get at least 60 minutes under their belt. If we wanted to win the game properly, you’d play long ball and have some pace up top.

As per usual, the complete overreactions to pre-season games are upon us. 

Does any opposition centrehalf the night before a game worry about Danny Ings or Ollie Watkins?  The likes of Rashford and Martial might not be world beaters but youd think jesus I don't want them running at me or in behind, I want my fullback helping out with them

Other strikers cause problems by being physical, a handful in the air...they might knock u about. Watkins and Ings have nothing. Never does one of them turn on the ball carry face a man up and you think danger. Even Archer a centre half might think he's a shortarse and I'll be able to deal with him physically, but he turns on the ball, is sharp he creates uncertainty with his movement.

It's a two way thing with strikers, yes you need to feed them but they have to get you into the game themselves.

Â