Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, AVTuco said:

Who cares about Smith. He's gone, get over it.

Shame people can't think the same about Gresford ;)

1 minute ago, Bazmonkey said:

Totally disagree 

Luiz tracks the runner.

Son will pass it back...

Konsa was doing alright 

You're right in the first instance but once the ball is put back Konsa should have been on Son. He wasn't.

Anyway, we've capitulated 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

£27m, for a left back that looks no better than one loaned out to a team likely to finish above us. Just Villa things.

Targett was poor/average this season. We haven’t seen the best of Digne but he is another level above Targett 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

£27m, for a left back that looks no better than one loaned out to a team likely to finish above us. Just Villa things.

I think Digne is better than Targett, but i'm not sure by enough to justify the outlay

This was like a boxing match between a good middle weight and an above average heavyweight.

Took our many swings and punches and laughed at us knowing we wouldn't/couldn't damage them.

Then just clocked us with a few knockout blows.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, thunderball said:

Targett was poor/average this season. We haven’t seen the best of Digne but he is another level above Targett 

I hope you're right, but I've seen nothing to support it in a Villa shirt

• Like 1

Just now, Wurzel said:

I was going to write a long rambling piece on Gerrard, but the truth is he has proved no better than Smith, and will not, even when it is obvious, change his system and way of playing. It is very concerning.

We were warned, in fairness.

I'm not putting this on the manager, sorry. No manager conspires with 4-5 players to make absolutely atrocious errors/mistakes/misses. He clearly got the team on the forward foot and sent them out with a solid game plan today. 

The improvements we need to make are obvious. If he doesn't address those areas, then I'll blame him. Until then, this is on the **** spineless and mindless players.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

We were warned, in fairness.

I'm not putting this on the manager, sorry. No manager conspires with 4-5 players to make absolutely atrocious errors/mistakes/misses. He clearly got the team on the forward foot and sent them out with a solid game plan today. 

The improvements we need to make are obvious. If he doesn't address those areas, then I'll blame him. Until then, this is on the **** spineless and mindless players.

Much the same players who let Dean down, I might add.

26 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Villa fans who want to see us lose to further the Gerard out agenda make me sick.

What about the fans who wanted someone proven and a significant upgrade on Smith to progress the club and not a complete and utter charlatan.

The only reason he has the job is because he's best buddies with the CEO.

• Like 1

What the bloody hell is going on … i want bailey , luiz , buendia , mcginn gone this summer and watkins to drop to bench,  im very infuriated but i will feel the same way regardless of what im witnessing right now

3 minutes ago, allani said:

But it was Smith who was in charge when most of this team were bought.  Our two best players today have been Digne and Coutinho.  The problems at centre back and centre midfield have been well documented on here for the best part of 3 seasons.  Smith failed to strengthen those areas in 5 or 6 transfer windows.  Gerrard has had 1 window so far.  He might not be the right man - but we need to at least give him a chance to address the holes in our current squad.  Neither Klopp nor Pep could do much with this squad.

Can’t keep blaming Smith, Gerrard has 14 points in the last 14 games.

• Like 1