New kits 22/23

sne

7 hours ago, sne said:

:(190_cameroon_2022_2023_one_kits_a.jpeg

I liked those at first, then they look like Mexico shirts from the 80s

i think moving the Cameroon badge and  indomitable lion into the centre, one above and below the kit maker logo makes them a lot better

Edited by Jimzk5

17 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I liked those at first, then they look like Mexico shirts from the 80s

i think moving the Cameroon badge and  indomitable lion into the centre, one above and below the kit maker logo makes them a lot better

They remind me quite a bit of those god awful Adidas kits from the early 90's. I should have fond memories of those because it was a glory era for Sweden, but they just look so bad.

Sweden 1994 Home KitSweden Kit History - Football Kit Archive

19 minutes ago, sne said:

They remind me quite a bit of those god awful Adidas kits from the early 90's. I should have fond memories of those because it was a glory era for Sweden, but they just look so bad.

Sweden Kit History - Football Kit Archive

was it two years ago they brought these back for the MLS, terrible kits

See the source image

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Responding to a reply from @OutByEaster?and @villa89 from another thread.

Who the hell signed a fixed term agreement for shirt sales regardless of sales. That's bonkers. The sooner we get out of that the better 

That's the Fanatics model, and there must be a benefit for the clubs. I personally don't like their customer service and I dislike the deal, I'm not sure why but I like to think a football club's shirts are being sold by the football club for the benefit of the football club.

That said, they're not a small company, they have the exclusive rights to the NFL, the NBA, MLB, Formula 1, the England football team and half of the big clubs in Europe.They're the number one global player in a market they are looking to monopolise.

In so far as I'm aware, Castore pay us money to be our named manufacturer, Fanatics pay us money to 'own' the rights to our shirts - the club take that money from them and Castore and Fanatics then share the money made from selling the shirts between them - so none of the money we spend on buying shirts and training gear and stuff goes directly to the club. I'm not sure how the payments to the club from Castore and Fanatics work, but I'm guessing there are stepped bonus payments based on sales levels.

I'm not 100% sure on how the manufacturing works either, as Fanatics actually manufacture all of the shirts that have a Nike badge on them in both the NFL and MLB - it might well be that they are manufacturing the shirts that Castore put a badge on at Villa Park.

There's also always been a bit of a murky question on who the design teams work for - the club have said in the past that the famous Luke Villa shirt for example was designed by a team at Fanatics, with the only bit of Luke design on the shirt being his badge - a confession that the club have gently rowed back on over recent years.

I'd hoped we might pull out of the deal when NSWE took over, but there are no signs of that happening and it's probably worth noting that if you want to buy a shirt for the Milwaukee Bucks, you also have to go through Fanatics - so they are a company our owners are used to working with.

That's my understanding at least and I'm by no means an expert, or indeed even vaguely knowledgable on these matters - hopefully a smarter fella can correct the bits that are wrong when he reads this.

• Like 1

Click on fanatics website and Click the football icon and see the list of teams that they have deals with and the company that we're keeping

They're doing something right, they've got all the yank sports, all of the big 5 leagues European teams and about 75% of the PL

Â