New kits 22/23

sne

Anyone have any insight in sizing for Womens Pro shirts?

For a Valentines gift I wanted something sexier than lingerie, My wife is a size 12 do the sizes for these shirts match up? I guess it will be tight but will it make her Cazoos fitted or squashed?

aston-villa-cup-away-pro-shirt-2022-23-womens-with-young-18-printing_ss4_p-13359070+u-17zyaa06qz7bjny9b7tf+v-dd9575251314481990d10b78c5d41478.jpg

• Like 1

Must have missed it at the time it was launched but like what Reading have done with their home kit... saw it in their game against Man united in the cup. If it raises a bit of awareness, whilst also not looking terrible,  I'd call that a win

https://www.macron.com/uk/news/reading-fc-a-shirt-to-sensitise-on-matters-of-global-warming

spacer.png

Sleeve colour stripes are based on average temperature (in Berkshire, although the global picture is pretty similar) over the last 150 years. By the neck being 150 years ago. Blue band cooler than average, red band warmer than average, showing nearly all the hottest years have happened in the last 15 or so years.

Being sponsored by a car leasing company does somewhat undermine it but still a good sentiment I thought.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

For a Valentines gift I wanted something sexier than lingerie, My wife is a size 12 do the sizes for these shirts match up? I guess it will be tight but will it make her Cazoos fitted or squashed?

aston-villa-cup-away-pro-shirt-2022-23-womens-with-young-18-printing_ss4_p-13359070+u-17zyaa06qz7bjny9b7tf+v-dd9575251314481990d10b78c5d41478.jpg

Maybe shouldn't google Aston Villa young women on your work phone :D 

13 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

I guess that depends on how big her Cazoos are. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If we did something like this with our lion as a crazy third kit, that would be amazing!

Shame the lion would have a massive betting logo from the triads on it ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Shame the lion would have a massive betting logo from the triads on it ☹️

I always wondered why sponsors don't want to incorporate their logo in a shirt to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

I know it's all about exposure, but surely a shirt that is mostly about the club (and not a dry copy/paste logo) would be a big talking point and a big sell with the fans.

There are certain rules about size etc, but imagine Cazoo on the back of a shirt under the players name - that would look great and everyone would talk about it, the company could even market their sponsorship as putting the club first. Something that all fans would appreciate.

Alternatively, somehow incorporated into the overall design on the front - maybe to represent club colours etc.

@NurembergVillan why are the logos so 'in your face' ? Is there a potential benefit for a company to adjust their shirt marketing to make it a bit more special? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I always wondered why sponsors don't want to incorporate their logo in a shirt to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

I know it's all about exposure, but surely a shirt that is mostly about the club (and not a dry copy/paste logo) would be a big talking point and a big sell with the fans.

There are certain rules about size etc, but imagine Cazoo on the back of a shirt under the players name - that would look great and everyone would talk about it, the company could even market their sponsorship as putting the club first. Something that all fans would appreciate.

Alternatively, somehow incorporated into the overall design on the front - maybe to represent club colours etc.

@NurembergVillan why are the logos so 'in your face' ? Is there a potential benefit for a company to adjust their shirt marketing to make it a bit more special? 

Cazoo are already doing this, to an extent. Their shirt sponsor is white on the home (matches the shorts), claret on the away (matches the crest), and yellow on the third (matches the crest). If you go on their website, their logo is orange.

Sponsors will never willingly opt to be on the back of a shirt without paying significantly less money. It’s always going to be much less exposure, unless players start doing post match interviews with their arse to the camera.

Edited by MNVillan

Â