Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m guessing there will be a lot of transfer activity yet to go before the window closes but if we assess each team thus far ‘on paper’:

Arsenal - strengthened, I think Jesus will do very well there and has a massive point to prove.

Us - strengthened, not lost anyone we’re not fully prepared to lose.

Bournemouth - no signings? Not sure the team that got promoted is strong enough to withstand relegation.

Brentford - stood still? Lost Erikssen which will be a big gap to fill, remains to be seen if the signings will compensate for that

Brighton - lost /losing some key players, much will depend on their replacements as to whether they go backwards or not.

Chelsea - strengthened, added quality for first XI and squad depth

Crystal Palace - continuing to buy some intriguing players, maybe have slightly improved team/squad so may be slightly stronger this year? 

Everton - weakened, lost their best player and nothing much to get excited about with incomings.

Fulham - strengthened but is it enough for the step up, are they relying on Mitrovic to do what he hasn’t done on 2-3 other opportunities and succeed at this level?

Leeds - hard to read, lost their best player so will be hoping (not unlike us last summer) that the new players hit the ground running.

Leicester - stagnated, no incomings and one or two on their way out, if they’re relying on an ageing Vardy that could be trouble for them.

Liverpool - strengthened, despite losing Mane (thankfully, as he loved scoring against us), Carvalho looks a great prospect.

Man City - strengthened, though will be dependent on Haaland fitting in and not disrupting the flow of their game, intriguing to see how Alvarez gets on.

Man United - probably improved their first XI by getting rid of their dead wood and bringing in one or two younger players, squad depth looks poor though and if the new players don’t gel quickly I’m not sure they’ll improve much this season.

Newcastle - strengthened, Pope and Botman seem solid signings unfortunately.

Notts Forest - strengthened but remains to be seen if they’ve ‘done a Fulham’ or ‘done a villa’, lots of new players will need to come together quickly to avoid relegation.

Southampton - stagnated? Not much to get excited about in terms of incomings and no Broja this season, not sure where their goals are going to come from.

Tottenham - improved, some interesting signings you’d think will make them a stronger proposition this season.

West Ham - improved? Don’t know much about Scamacca but if he does well then you’d think they will improve on last seasons showing.

Wolves - not seen much activity on incomings, stagnated perhaps? Difficult to see where the goals are coming from if Jiminez doesn’t rediscover form.

good summary, agree with pretty much all except Chelsea, I don't think they've strengthened really. Still look light up front and in central defence IMO.

10 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Brentford standing still?lost Eriksen and he was a massive plus for us but we have strengthened throughout the squad 

signed 

Strakosha international goalkeeper 

Hickey Right Back   our weak position last season

Ben Mee   Experienced PL defender to cover Pinnock and  Ager 

Damsguaard (as good as signed) to compete with Jensen as playmaker to hopefully replace Eriksen 

Lewis Potter exciting winger from championship a typical Bees signing 

Add to that we will have arguably our best plater Josh Dasilva back fit after missing most of last season

Halil Dervisoglu a young striker who has been on loan in Turkey is now back and in the squad for this season

Yoane Wissa signed last season struggled with  injuries but finished the season strong and I believe will out score Tony this season.

I believe this squad is an improvement on last season whether that equates to finishing higher than last season remain to be seen.

The last bit is key. Everyone is constantly strengthening their squad's so you have to improve just to stand still and the top teams spend crazy amounts every season so nobody can catch up. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The last bit is key. Everyone is constantly strengthening their squad's so you have to improve just to stand still and the top teams spend crazy amounts every season so nobody can catch up. 

Yes agree 

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

second season syndrome is a real thing, its not so much about who you have its about keeping that buzz and momentum from the first season, it drops massively 

hopefully they keep damsgaard fit

True and you have to have a large portion of luck as well.We played first on a Friday night last season against a gunners team in disarray missing their 2 main strikers and won 2 0.Hoping Leicester have the same problems Sunday 😃Not looking forward to this season as I was last it’s a hard slog this league in a different way to the championship where you have so many games.The quality in the PL is on such a higher level you have to work so much harder for every point.

we should be all over a transfer for maxwell cornet! Hammers, Newcaslte and Everton interested in him, this is the type of player who will improve the team and squad, who is affordable and can make an impact straight away. West Ham are doing impressive stuff this window, didn't think they would do these type of deals, would have thought it would be Newcastle

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Cucarella worth £50m? Did they not learn anything after wasting the same amount on chilwell.

Football has lost the plot

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Cucarella worth £50m? Did they not learn anything after wasting the same amount on chilwell.

This is spending money for the sake of spending money. New CEO with a bruised ego doing to citeh what Barca did to them .

What i find hilarious is that Citeh have grown a backbone this summer after spending 100 mill on Jack. I think they genuinely thought they were getting englands golden boy . 

Looks like Chelsea have got the "clueless rich new owner being taken for a ride with transfer fees" syndrome we saw with Lerner. Sure overpay now, regret it later.

20M for chuck is overpaying but 52 million for Marc Cucurella ??!! Thats ridiculous.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

I really hope this happens, just for the inevitable hilarity from commentators 

Nottingham Forest are trying to sign Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp as part of their extensive recruitment programme for their return to the Premier League.

Hornkamp, a 24-year-old forward at Willem II, would become Forest’s 13th signing of the summer if a deal can be agreed between the two clubs.

Link

Â