Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, The Other Mat said:

Gerrard said he's got a niggle (and chambers too) pre-match interview that's why they didn't started. 

So...  This shitty formation which we haven't won with in 2022 is our Plan B?  Looks like we need to develop a Plan C...

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Exactly.

Stevie s preferred plan.

Don't bode well for next season.

Yep. One loss with the 4312 and he chucks it in the bin to go back to this sh1te. Utterly awful formation. Smacks of some footballing hipsters idea of a formation that "hacks" how other sides play. In reality it leaves gaps everywhere

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s a ridiculous yellow for Mings. I am not sure what else Mings can do there. Also, I have seen the faintest of touches meaning a penalty being overturned against us, what are the rules these days. I think they make it up as they go along.

BBC say referee and VAR ignored Partey having his arms wrapped around Mings in the box. I guess the powers that be have their money on an Arsenal victory today.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Arsenal are soft too, but they get by having talent.

they were very soft, they might still be a little, but i do think Partey and Xhaka as the holding 2 have given them a slightly tougher balance now.