Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

After having to run to within an inch of his life under bielsa for the last few years he is probably ready for semi retirement at city

and Jack can help him with that given he’s been doing that for the last year 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Danny Mills was saying he can improve and develop and be as good as Rodri

He is a year older than Rodri

Danny Mills is down there with Noel Whelan and Danny Murphy in the 9th circle of shitehawks as far as I'm concerned. Absolute imbecile.

22 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like Phillips. I've been championing us trying to sign him but the prices quoted are ridiculous. There has to be a player in Europe as good for half the price. 

Me too. But he was absolutely dreadful the other night and his form hasn't been good since he returned from injury. 

I still think there's a player in there - but I wouldn't want us paying north of £60 mil.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sorry to bump but Citeh have apparently switched targets to Matheus Nunes and us and wet spam have placed £50 mill bids … lolz 

You made me search this to find out it’s originally from Football Insider

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886df2y96ze8dcf59das3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Frenkie de Jong is being touted to Man U for the same price as Phillips is being quoted at. Crazy stuff.

I like watching Frenkie de Jong but I’m not that wowed by him to be honest at the elite level.  Not convinced he will be a game changer when he moves to Man U but he is a fine player.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

Sorry to bump but Citeh have apparently switched targets to Matheus Nunes and us and wet spam have placed £50 mill bids … lolz 

I think city need more english players so i could see them going for phillips 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I like watching Frenkie de Jong but I’m not that wowed by him to be honest at the elite level.  Not convinced he will be a game changer when he moves to Man U but he is a fine player.

He might not be (I think if United get their act together he will be) but he is an infinitely better footballer than Phillips.

29 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He might not be (I think if United get their act together he will be) but he is an infinitely better footballer than Phillips.

For the roles they play for their teams I can’t agree with that.  De Jong maybe better but nowhere near infinitely better.  I’m not convinced De Jong will be a major success in the PL, I think he would better suited staying at Barca in that league.

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For the roles they play for their teams I can’t agree with that.  De Jong maybe better but nowhere near infinitely better.  I’m not convinced De Jong will be a major success in the PL, I think he would better suited staying at Barca in that league.

I think they're both overpriced tbh

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I suppose Phillips value is a reflection of his importance to Leeds, sort of like Grealish was to us and Rice would be to West Ham,

Absolutely, you can factor in English Player tax as well.

His real value is realistically less than his value to Leeds, so if you want him you have to pay over what he's worth, or he has to force a move (unlikely in this case).

The real trick is figuring out what his value would be for us should he sign, then you can begin to decide if it's worth paying the fee.

Think of it like this, Van Diijk was not worth 80 odd million when Liverpool signed him, but he was the missing piece of their puzzle, and so worth paying that extra for considering everything that has followed since.

Is Phillips the missing piece of our puzzle? I don't know, but Gerrard and Co might believe so.

I would say most likely he will to go to Man City or stay at Leeds, but the way Gerrard has attracted players you just never know. 

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo
  • Like 1

I wonder if Southgate is in his ear, as he was with our former captain last year. Move to a bigger club, get European football and it couldn't help but improve your England chances. I wonder if he's on a percentage from the buying clubs?

4 minutes ago, John said:

I wonder if Southgate is in his ear, as he was with our former captain last year. Move to a bigger club, get European football and it couldn't help but improve your England chances. I wonder if he's on a percentage from the buying clubs?

Did this actually happen though ? I think it’s more to do with Jack’s personality and off the field antics than his ability and who he played for. 

He didn’t feature much in the last international break either. 

Â