Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Phillipe Coutinho is a genius footballer. 

If McGinn, Ings and JJ improve in the 2nd half we will blow these away.

I think Ings has been solid if unspectacular but agreed about McGinn  and JJ. 

Overall if we stay calm we’ll have a few more. But they’ll improve after the break so we need to keep the intensity up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did somwone really say it was terrible??

Someone did, I kind of agreed with them, in terms of how much we were just giving them the ball. Then it all clicked for 10 mins and all was well again.

2 minutes ago, JB said:

Probably the best I’ve seen us play in over a year. An absolute joy to watch. 

The only negative is Coutinho’s sitters. Should already have a hat trick!

When it comes to creating chances yes very good, but during the vast majority of the half they had the possession and the ball, we sat back and countered.

5 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Chambers entire transfer fee paid off with that one pass. Seems like we got ourselves a bit of a bargain!

I refuse to believe that was actually a pass from a Villa center back?

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I think Ings has been solid if unspectacular but agreed about McGinn  and JJ. 

Overall if we stay calm we’ll have a few more. But they’ll improve after the break so we need to keep the intensity up.

I think Ings movement off the ball has been nice, the other 2 mentioned just seem off the pace a bit, Southampton press well and are catching them out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Re Chambers - I know it’s early days but have we mugged off the Goons of Woolich Islington again?

The pass was magnificent and he is a good footballer but he is not a brilliant defender (albeit competent) and not really mobile enough to be a good midfielder or full back but is proving to be a good squad player and seems a good character so a good signing so far.