Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Scamacca is an interesting one, has the physique for the Premier League and is not just a hoofball player because of his height

Usually plays in a 2 for Sassuolo with a faster striker 

• Like 1

Buying a striker for 70m? What have I read? That’s almost double our current record transfer fee. And anyone who’s going to cost 70m isn’t likely going to come Villa.

Ludicrous imo

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Liam Delap is an interesting one as well. With Man City signing Haaland and Alvarez I’m not sure how he would get a look in, and surely he wouldn’t be happy with playing in the Carabao Cup until he’s 23.

Would he get a look in at villa next season? 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Liam Delap is an interesting one as well. With Man City signing Haaland and Alvarez I’m not sure how he would get a look in, and surely he wouldn’t be happy with playing in the Carabao Cup until he’s 23.

They keep him about to make sure they can fill the “trained at club” quota 

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we did pay x player 4x increase in wages to a new signing, it would set a bad precedent to the rest of the squad and create bad harmony in my opinion 

I suspect we are not far off doing that today. Kamara would be on multiples of wages. My point was really in reference to younger players that have made a name for themselves but are playing in France or Spain or Germany and maybe be 'only' on 20k/30k a week but our under contract at their club

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd stick with what we have unless there is a good bet. 25m for Ekitike is a good bet. Do I expect much in 2022/23? No but over the next 3 years sure.

For what it is worth I think Tammy is a similar level to Watkins but like you say they are different players with different attributes. I think Tammy is much more suited to what we need.

In regards to Tammy I think it's a case of more what we need when controlling the ball in the opposition half, but not on the counter or when out of possession, then Ollie is better suited.

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would he get a look in at villa next season? 

He's the new Harry Kane for me. Just needs a chance

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd stick with what we have unless there is a good bet. 25m for Ekitike is a good bet. Do I expect much in 2022/23? No but over the next 3 years sure.

For what it is worth I think Tammy is a similar level to Watkins but like you say they are different players with different attributes. I think Tammy is much more suited to what we need.

In regards to Tammy I think it's a case of more what we need when controlling the ball in the opposition half, but not on the counter or when out of possession, then Ollie is better suited.

15 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Buying a striker for 70m? What have I read? That’s almost double our current record transfer fee. And anyone who’s going to cost 70m isn’t likely going to come Villa.

Ludicrous imo

Where did you read that?
Young strikers are going for crazy money right now. There is lack of them

58 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

While discussing ex Irish internationals son, love to see us look at Callum Kavanagh, looked really good against our academy for Boro in a game I watched, be great addition to our young talent

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point, I'm convinced Brazilians just have English names, with random Bollox added onto them for Latin flair 😂

They do, it’s a bit like black American names like LeBron

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

I’d just be happy he scores more and provides someone to aim for in the box

On 03/06/2022 at 16:07, TRO said:

Teams like Everton, Villa, Newcastle......are clubs that are positioned in terms of Status, by how the club is run, and the potential that prospective new recruits perceive them to have.....We all know they are big clubs, steeped in history.

Last season for all 3 of us was poor, with only Newcastle, showing any signs of real recovery, after January.......under Gerrard we would have finished 9th, if you extrapolate the season out......your team just escaped, like we did 2 seasons ago.

3 big clubs that will attract most players, when they are run right.........and being run right, might get us all in to the European places......that is the thinking of new prospects.

Its up to any new recruits as to how they see the various projects sold to them, and if they believe in the future plans.....That's what encourages them to sign.

Its up to us all, to change our perceived profile......but its no good either, putting ourselves down.

Mate don't put Newcastle anywhere mine or your club in terms of size and stature they are a nothing club not even close to Everton or Villa.

The last time they won the FA cup was 1955 and the last time they won the league 1927. (95 years ago haha)

I laugh when geordies try to create a rivalry with us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Scamacca is an interesting one, has the physique for the Premier League and is not just a hoofball player because of his height

Usually plays in a 2 for Sassuolo with a faster striker 

Joao Pedro going cheap with Cagliari going down, he's hit some solid scoring stats through last few seasons and all their play goes through him. Italy also called him up for the March games.

Perhaps not the right fit for where we want to go but he'd be an interesting pick up for one of the promoted teams I think.

Edit: Not even a striker, more attacking midfielder. Scored 18, 16 and 13 in last three Serie A seasons and rarely gets injured. 

Edited by VillaChris