Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

My dream is to sell Ollie to Hammers for 40m and McGinn to someone for 30m, so that is 70m in and a hell of a lot of wages saved and add 30m to that and sign Darwin Nunez for 100m and announce to the world that Villa mean serious ***** business

There is far in excess of enough room in FFP for the club to buy him outright. 

He could be the absolute dogs proverbials,  but it's a lot to ask someone to lay out when we need other players.

CM, LB, RB would do me this summer.

Clear out the fringe players we don't need anymore and reassess 

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I'm not sure about the rules about posting links, but The Guardian says it's been agreed to and Ekitikie is expected to sign a 5-year deal soon.

He is good, but isn't he only 19? he could very easily turn out to be one of many Newcastle disaster signings. But I suppose they still have 25m Chris Woods to rely on

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He is good, but isn't he only 19? he could very easily turn out to be one of many Newcastle disaster signings. But I suppose they still have 25m Chris Woods to rely on

25m is sod all for that potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

There is far in excess of enough room in FFP for the club to buy him outright. 

He could be the absolute dogs proverbials,  but it's a lot to ask someone to lay out when we need other players.

CM, LB, RB would do me this summer.

Clear out the fringe players we don't need anymore and reassess 

Bissy and Bassy for 50m combined and risk it with KKH as back up for Cash, we could also keep Freddie on the books as back up in case of serious injury. We could cope with offloading Ollie and SJM and bringing in Darwin for a net expenditure of abut 50m

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bissy and Bassy for 50m combined and risk it with KKH as back up for Cash, we could also keep Freddie on the books as back up in case of serious injury. We could cope with offloading Ollie and SJM and bringing in Darwin for a net expenditure of abut 50m

I really don't want the lad from Rangers, out of all the links I'd prefer that Gomez guy with all the assists. 25m for someone who has done sod all in Scotland is theft.

Just now, paul514 said:

I really don't want the lad from Rangers, out of all the links I'd prefer that Gomez guy with all the assists. 25m for someone who has done sod all in Scotland is theft.

I would be happy with Gomz too, I just want a half decent LB that has potential and can provide cover. I want to see Digne play most games next season, yes it is a risk relying on Digne but we are not quite at the 2 quality players for every position yet. We also have Targett if we want to dig our heels in

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would be happy with Gomz too, I just want a half decent LB that has potential and can provide cover. I want to see Digne play most games next season, yes it is a risk relying on Digne but we are not quite at the 2 quality players for every position yet. We also have Targett if we want to dig our heels in

I wouldn't keep targett his stock is as high as it is going to get....

This club needs to learn to sell and buy at the right time....

AEG is a perfect example last summer, as if he would ever going to get those kind of numbers or playing time again.

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Calum Wilson would be first choice in that scenario with this new guy being developed slowly until Wilson gets injured again.

Wood has been terrible for Newcastle from what I've seen so wouldn't shock me if they offer him to Bournemouth or even Forest as he'd do well for those teams.

58 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

My dream is to sell Ollie to Hammers for 40m and McGinn to someone for 30m, so that is 70m in and a hell of a lot of wages saved and add 30m to that and sign Darwin Nunez for 100m and announce to the world that Villa mean serious ***** business

100 million for a player in the Portuguese league  😂😂

I think Haris Seferovic got 20 goals there recently 

16 hours ago, Blue Scouse said:

I would say the only club in PL who could possibly want him and afford him is Man U but they cant offer him CL football just yet. 

The 'afford' bit might be interesting - the wages he'll want will certainly be high, but I'm guessing that the Everton board might accept an offer that's on the cheap side of pretty reasonable. Given your difficulties with FFP and the peculiarities of your ownership situation, there will definitely be a temptation to cash in on an asset or two this summer in order to give Lampard some sort of funding in the transfer market - I wouldn't be too surprised to see Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin shopped around as a book balancing exercise.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Calum Wilson would be first choice in that scenario with this new guy being developed slowly until Wilson gets injured again.

Wood has been terrible for Newcastle from what I've seen so wouldn't shock me if they offer him to Bournemouth or even Forest as he'd do well for those teams.

That development better be complete in after about 7 or 8 games 😂

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

100 million for a player in the Portuguese league  😂😂

I think Haris Seferovic got 20 goals there recently 

So how much do you think Darwin is worth? You have a real habit of laughing off or disagreeing with comments and suggesting valuations are ridiculous etc but you never answer the question as to what u think the right number is. You did it the other day with the value of player we could sell. You just post a childish comment and then run for cover

• Like 1

Nunez has a €125m buy out clause apparently but that's more of an deterrent than the price they are actually asking for him. Bit like Ansu Fati's new contract has a €bn buy out clause.

In April it was suggested that the price would be closer to £55m-£65m or so for Nunez who has now hired Jorge Mendes to work with his agent to get a move. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Nunez has a €125m buy out clause apparently but that's more of an deterrent than the price they are actually asking for him. Bit like Ansu Fati's new contract has a €bn buy out clause.

In April it was suggested that the price would be closer to £55m-£65m or so for Nunez who has now hired Jorge Mendes to work with his agent to get a move. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a3kbgukqo6hzf6rqcj

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The media reported in April that Man utd had a bid of 105m euro rejected for Nunez. Whatever price he eventually goes for it will be a biggie

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Alexander Isak could do well in the PL. linked with Arsenal but there’s no reason why he wouldn’t come to join the “project” here.

Talented player who has had a dreadful season in La Liga, feels like the general interest in him has faded.