Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

The media reported in April that Man utd had a bid of 105m euro rejected for Nunez. Whatever price he eventually goes for it will be a biggie

I doubt that was true if I'm honest and £65m will still be huge IMO.

Would anyone do the deal of selling Watkins for £55m and then buying Richarlison for £55m? 

The ‘£55m’ is just a random figure. It can be any amount. I’m just alluding to a deal where the money is very similar so essentially swapping out a player. 

42 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So how much do you think Darwin is worth? You have a real habit of laughing off or disagreeing with comments and suggesting valuations are ridiculous etc but you never answer the question as to what u think the right number is. You did it the other day with the value of player we could sell. You just post a childish comment and then run for cover

40-60 million is the highest you should pay for a player from the Portuguese league especially an unproven centre forward

This is his first good season and could easily be a one season wonder 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone do the deal of selling Watkins for £55m and then buying Richarlison for £55m? 

The ‘£55m’ is just a random figure. It can be any amount. I’m just alluding to a deal where the money is very similar so essentially swapping out a player. 

Swap Ollie for Richy would be a yes from me

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Richarlison is no better than what we have. 

The think I like (and dislike) about Richarlison is that he has fight in him. He is one of those players who can roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. I hate the feigning injury though, that would have to stop for me to accept him as a Villa player

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite like Richarlison but no.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

100 million for a player in the Portuguese league  😂😂

I think Haris Seferovic got 20 goals there recently 

How much was Joao Felix when he moved from the Portuguese league…?

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, I would see him as that, mainly wide on the left but can play right. A bit like where Jack played

We don’t play that system. Our width is from wing backs. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nope.

The only way you consider this is if he is leaving the Premier League.

As if another PL club is paying that figure for him, it would mean they think he is better than whoever we are trying to sign.

Essentially we would be strengthening a rival.

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I would do the first part of the deal but not the second.  Just not convinced about Richarlison playing in a more central role.  His natural game might be a bit better suited to our new approach (assuming that is a striker in front of Couts and Emi2) than Ollie's (who was more suited to the way that Dean wanted us to play).  But I don't know that he'd score enough from the centre and would tend to drift wide (also an issue with Ollie) which would leave us unbalanced up front.  I also suspect that he has aspirations to sign for a "sly 6" club, won't get that and so will sign for big money at Newcastle.

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

yes, or Jesus from City.  Either player is better than Watkins in their ability and overall play.

Watkins does have his qualities but his general play is quite poor for an elite footballer. 

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How much was Joao Felix when he moved from the Portuguese league…?

He was 112million and was a strange move for the time. Think Mendes related 

After him Dias, Bruno, Militao, Diaz are the next biggest fees from the league and all between 40-60 million