Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Newcastle just announced Dan Ashworth, they’ll get going with their transfers now, hopefully none that make us too envious. 

It’s weird when announcing a director of football feels bigger than a player signing, but makes sense in this case.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It’s weird when announcing a director of football feels bigger than a player signing, but makes sense in this case.

He’s good but I’m not bothered about him any more than any other top club.  It’s the money that will get them players and the only thing potentially stopping them is FFP.

36 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Newcastle just announced Dan Ashworth, they’ll get going with their transfers now, hopefully none that make us too envious. 

I won't judge that announcement until I see what sort of evil grin he has? #donlange

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, grobs said:

What if we do not sign anyone else? Anyone think that’s a possibility?

Yes definitely. I think we have signed the three we really wanted and now it’ll be a case of seeing who we can move on and who comes up available at what price. I’m sure there will be one or two more but I think they prioritised the key ones and will now take a more relaxed/reactive approach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't really know what they mean, I just know the bigger the green bar, the better...

Screenshot 2022-05-30 135729.png

You would expect a midfielder that playes for Bayern to have all those green bars. Doesn't really tell you much unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes definitely. I think we have signed the three we really wanted and now it’ll be a case of seeing who we can move on and who comes up available at what price. I’m sure there will be one or two more but I think they prioritised the key ones and will now take a more relaxed/reactive approach.

I sort of agree but then how does that tie in with ‘the project’ that we have apparently sold to Carlos and Kamara. I’d be amazed if they think their transfers alone take us from 14th to  the European spots. I think there’ll be a couple more-maybe one squad addition and one expected to go into the first team. Who knows…

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ll be disappointed if that’s it.  It’s a fabulous start don’t get me wrong but we are targeting Europe, which bringing Gerrard in would suggest, then I hope we “really wanted” some others and it’s only because they’ll take a bit longer to get that we don’t have them shortly.  I can’t imagine Kamara thinking wow, when the only additional “wanted” recruitment was Carlos.  There has to be more to convince him.

Edited by nick76

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You would expect a midfielder that playes for Bayern to have all those green bars. Doesn't really tell you much unfortunately.

It's even more skewed when you consider how infrequently he plays, and the teams he's usually playing against. It doesn't mean he's a bad player, and it's no knock on him that Bayern has better options as it's a squad full of world class players, but how little they use him does tell you something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

It's GOING to happen mate.

Then we can have a roundabout argument about the " Eddie Howe pull " , to prove that it's all about money and the many sub arguments which  will fall under such a topic. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's GOING to happen mate.

Then we can have a roundabout argument about the " Eddie Howe pull " , to prove that it's all about money and the many sub arguments which  will fall under such a topic. lol

They'll get Diaby from leverkusen for the same money that we paid for Bailey and we all know which one will be better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll get Diaby from leverkusen for the same money that we paid for Bailey and we all know which one will be better 

Is it the same Diaby which was at Arsenal?

All I know is that Leverkusen have an emphasis on players which are lightning fast 

Like you said, only we could manage to break ours before proper use 😂

• Haha 1