Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Anyone who complains about him other than injuries doesn't know anything about football.

He's off to Leverkusen on loan anyway, apparently rejected two loan offers in the PL. He's still a good player, he just got injured and has been instructed by Tuchel to play differently to his natural game. I think he could've been good here if we gave him a bit more freedom to operate on the wings with Bailey.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I get the feeling there isn't the right midfielder available for us this window. We'll go with a CB and keep Tim around. Maybe loan out Sanson as we can recall him in Jan if he's needed

If that's the case we will be flirting with relegation.

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I get the feeling there isn't the right midfielder available for us this window. We'll go with a CB and keep Tim around. Maybe loan out Sanson as we can recall him in Jan if he's needed

The problem is we have had 3 cracks and getting one and not got it done. How long do we wait to improve a key position.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst I agree overpriced, I think JWP would be perfect for us. He has a lot of energy. He is tactically disciplined. He is a leader. He is Barry was, very consistent always gives you at least 7/10. Plus then you add in set pieces, not just direct free kicks, his delivery is very good which would aid the team. Better players out there, absolutely, but would improve us now, for me again, absolutely.

Would cost a bomb. Not even a starter or regular for his national team.

Not saying he’s a poor player, I’m just not a huge fan. Difference of opinion and whatnot…

Sometimes  I think people can be too focussed on the PL and home based players, British players too.

There is a hell of of a lot of quality and value out there, no need to be restrictive and waste millions.

If we were ever going to spend a huge amount I’d like it to be on a genuine star and someone who would massively improve and impact the team. Someone like Milinkovic Savic.

It’s not how we operate though and it’s good for the club to take a sensible approach and look for value… maybe that’s changed a bit under SG but I think it’s still the preferable avenue for those running the club.

Always best to go for up and coming players (approaching their peak even) rather than players on the way down or who are ageing and overpriced…

Anyway, that’s just how I see it. You do you 👍

We don’t have to agree 😆

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My guess is we’ve got a mf lined up but we’re waiting on them as we’re not their first choice. It might be a deadline day thing or it might not come off at all (in which case another season of terrible midfield performances awaits).

We’ll sign a CB but I doubt it will be one that fills us with joy. 

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sounds like we are working on multiple potential deals judging by the post match comments 

"Working behind the scenes on a few situations to try make the team stronger" - does sound like there hopefully will be 2 coming in. Would love Gallagher to be one of them, but realistically we need another defensive minded player in there in place of McGinn or Ramsey

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sounds like we are working on multiple potential deals judging by the post match comments 

Yeah!

Gerrard said he finds it hard to sleep referring to which attacker to start so no wonder he called of the Sarr Deal
100% we looking at a midfielder with Sanson not on the bench. Exciting times. 

I think there are very recent quotes from Gerrard suggesting that we're still interested in bringing in another forward, it stands to reason, we obvously tried to sign Sarr for a reason, so it follows that now that deal has fallen through we will try for an alternative. I think that's why Gerrard isn't ruling out the possibility of Archer going out on loan, and Iroegbunam is probably in a similar position, if we bring in another midfielder then he likely will go out on loan, he might out on loan anyway.

Usually the end of transfer windows are pretty boring for us, but might be different this year with possibility of a defender, midfielder, and an attacker all coming in.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Chelsea are paying 60 million for Gordon they will be valuing Gallagher at an even higher price

I doubt they will sell him in any case, unless someone bids that higher price £70m +? Another loan might happen though, unfortunately Palace would be at the head of the line of clubs, with the Geordie Sheiks trying to elbow past them. :rolleyes: