Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Hope we stick with chambers and mings, bednarek back up until march end of… our transfer target/structure has been a shambles as far as im concerned we just seemed to be linked with UK based players could we not have cast our net far and wide into europe .

One key positive I believe we may see if a new manager comes in is Archer, i feel that if he is given a run of games we may see a player who would appear to be like a new signing. I truly believe he will get more goals than ings if given the same amount of games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I think Dendoncker will be an astute signing, and is what we need in midfield. He’s a taller, stronger and better technique version of Nakamba. I’m not saying it’s not slightly underwhelming or unimaginative, but I think it’ll turn out to be a good signing. 

Bednarek is better than Konsa, certainly on form, and I’d rotate him and Chambers depending on the opposition. 

It was a shame we didn’t manage to sell Nakamba, Guilbert and Sanson (although I personally would keep the latter two, but seems they’re well out of favour). It is worth remembering though that the window is still open in Belgium (6th September - could see Nakamba going back there, and maybe even Guilbert going there), Turkey (8th September - Sanson has been linked there a few times this summer, can see that happening), Greece (15th September - unlikely anyone goes there, admittedly) and Israel (28th September - even less likely). 

Is Bednarek better than mings too ? Just a curios question 

Buendia ,bailey and coutinho have done F all gets me so tight because we wasted so much money and got it so wrong… buendia and coutinho have done just as much as each other and bailey even worse 🤦🏽‍♂️ Should have spent a bit more and got moussa diaby and daamsgard 

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Blimey I seem to have stumbled in to the @RicRic thread 😂 

Sorry got to vent to those that i can relate to the most 🫤… currently listening to the nause right now on SSN… yeah your determination doesn’t outweigh your coaching and man management skills stevie…. OUT you go 👉🏽

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would like to see Bednarek play a game or two before judging him. I watch nearly every football match that is on TV and I have seen Saints play lots of time but I doubt I have seen Bednarek play more than a dozen times and most of those are against Villa where my attention is more focused on us. I couldn't tell u what Bednarek is like as a player as I don't analyse every player in every game. I am impressed with the amount of people on here that actually know what sort of player he is and how he will perform.

Well what i can tell you as bad as this example may sound is that i had him in my team when he got the worst ever fantasy football score of all time conceded nine!! and got a red card 😂 and then featured again in another 9-0 defeat which was not good.

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well what i can tell you as bad as this example may sound is that i had him in my team when he got the worst ever fantasy football score of all time conceded nine!! and got a red card 😂 and then featured again in another 9-0 defeat which was not good.

Saints were only 6-0 down when he got his red in the 86th minute and then they fell apart without his leadership at the back and conceded a further 3 goals in the remaining 4 mins plus injury time 🤣.

Seriously though, everyone can have a bad game. Emi1 was awful against Arsenal but I still think he is an excellent GK. We need to give Bednarek a chance before writing him off.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

It's not. I know who it is. If he says it then the person who told him will never talk to him again and will never give him information. 

Don't worry though. I don't rate him and I think we dodged a bullet by not signing him. 

That makes me worry more.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

as far as im concerned we just seemed to be linked with UK based players could we not have cast our net far and wide into europe

We signed two players from Sevilla, one from Barcelona, one from Roma (who had been on loan in UK admittedly) and one from Marseille, versus two (last minute) PL buys. I’d question our recruitment too but it’s been overwhelming European/South American players hasn’t it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Okay so it was a day full of negatives , ill start with the positives 

- We Managed to Keep Luiz 

- Bednarek is only a loan deal

- Dendocker was only 13 million

In my view of the day itself it was negative in that much of the chat was about Luiz leaving but after we kept him I am actually ok with the day as a whole - I have no problem with the two additions for squad depth. We haven’t improved the first team as much as I would have liked but still added Digne, Kamara, Carlos (shame), Kamara and Coutinho as basically first choice in the last two windows, plus depth from Chambers, Bednarek, Dendoncker etc.

It’s not as good as it could have been but overall I don’t think the issue is the quality of players in our squad - especially versus the team we had in our first season back up. 

To be fair getting two identifiable first 11 starters in early, 3 good value for money squad members, keep Douglas and resigning coutinho would be at least above average and probably good transfer window and one I have been very happy with at the end of last season. However  such a bad start, injury and poor form (Coutinho especially)  puts a massive damper on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I don't think Dendoncker is a particularly poor signing, but he's going to need to play next to Kamara (not in front/instead of him) with either McGinn or JJ in front, otherwise we're still going to be horribly overrun.

Kamara, Dendoncker, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsay is not screaming Top 10 midfield.

Dendoncker has finished top 10 several times with Wolves, Dougie has supposedly been chased by two of the top four clubs, Kamara had options of champions league clubs, JJ is an up and coming talent... and then there's MgGinn, who was supposedly courted by a few top ten clubs, and it's certainy better than many on here give him credit for. So whilst it obviously comes down to balance and tactics, I'd say they should be capable of top 10.

• Like 1