Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As you can see, he’s picked Ramsey and McGinn again today 🤦‍♂️😭

yes but I must admit I though there seemed to be a nod towards maybe not just rinse repeating.  it is all still depressing as it's fairly obvious he'll be here until the world Cup.  but just maybe him taking off mcginn and Ramsey and playing a more conventional 433 the 442 might be signs he's realised stubborn pigheadedness doesn't work.  maybe not but I'm looking for slivers of sunshine

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I assume Dendoncker is the new CB then

Ah the Gerrard plan continues then, shoehorning players in the team out of position. His days with England playing in a lobsided midfield with fat Frank meaning Scholes being pushed wide has sent him doolally.

Edited by stewiek2

Interesting that Sky is saying Arsenal have bid 20m for Doug and haven't followed it up with a refusal or acceptance or even negotiations ongoing. It would be great to be able to find a replacement and cash in rather than losing him for nothing next summer

The End of last season...If someone asked me what the worst you could imagine happening to villa in the next 4 months would be....

It would be Exactly whats happening now.

The players looking like they have never seen each other before (for whatever reason)

The recruitment has assploded in on itself. (Either Lange just gave up or NSWE have said no more funds)

The Manager tactically turning into a Vegetable.

The Club looking like its hurtling towards relegation.

Feels like the last 4  yrs have just been a dream

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

club did all the right things at the start of the window then eased off the gas big time which was a huge mistake as Hammers, Palace, Southampton, even Everton have made some great signings on the cheap and using frees, have left us way behind.

Look at the likes of Fulham and Nottingham Forest mnaking attempts to be competitive aswell....for example if we were going the experienced route why did we not get kouyate in on a free? probably a better player and better value than dendoncker for 13 mil. I just think we had a great opportunity this summer and started very very well but for whatever reason we then came to an abrupt halt. its been so so disappointing to see all the other teams make big statement signings whilst we have languished.

i get the feeling this summer will be seen as a bit of a sliding doors moment which we didnt quite make unfortunately :( the club has regressed massively in such a short space of time

Yeah, WTF happened?  We went from being extremely prepared and organized when it comes to transfers to all of a sudden scrambling for deadline day cast offs.  This isn't how we've operated at all since we returned to the Premier League...  Something is going on behind the scenes.  Maybe our spending was done and/or Gerrard was told we need to move on players before he could buy more.  Now all of a sudden it's a mess on the pitch and we're in 19th, so more funds were released prior to exits and we're scrambling?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Stevie G's tactics

spacer.png

If that's Gerrard's tactics, have you got one of someone trying to push through the huge crowds on black Friday to get a TV on the cheap? Just asking for Lange, Purslow and co. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Ah the Gerrard plan continues then, shoehorning players in the team out of position. His days with England playing in a lobsided midfield with fat Frank meaning Scholes being pushed wide has sent him doolally.

I know its not his main position, but I'm not sure signing a player as a dual purpose dm/cb back up when it would appear they've had Champions League starts at CB really counts as shoehorning players out of position.

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Buy Gerson to play centre mid with his mates from the French league, Kamara and Sanson, then go get Sarr to play wide left then play Watkins down the middle with Bailey wide right and we may have a chance. 

You want Sanson to play and 2 wingers to provide width? Not happening with this manager!