Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's only inconsistent until he plays us it would appear.

As i often remember him tearing us to shreds.

every player, his wife, his kids, his maid, the summer break tutor, the local butcher and the lollipop lady have all had the "every dog has its day" moment versus Villa mate.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

30 y.o wide player. Yeah checks out, makes perfect sense.

Was Pochettino who brought him to Spurs thou so maybe...

Tbf he's a good player. Means we can play proper wide players and a 10.

4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 with wingers now options 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I like Moura a lot. Won’t solve any of our problems.

it will, we need another south american on the bench while we play Rab.C.Nesbit in the first 11.

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have 7 central Midfielders in the first team squad. 6 of them senior pros.

We are not short a CM, we are short an upgrade on one of those CMs. 

oh I see - all fine then you pedant

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We had that option and loaned or sold three wingers this window

Edited by a-k

34 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We have 24 Senior players.

23 without Diego Carlos
22 considering we don't need to register Archer.

Luiz, Guilbert, Young, Steer and obviously Augustinsson can leave at the end of the year. Mings, Nakamba and Ings will then enter the final year of their contracts. Considering their positions within the squad - I'd expect 2 minimum of those to be sold next year before we even get to Bailey, Sanson, Konsa

We are short for this season, plus the sensible thing to do is to start replacing those players bit by bit, starting now, we can integrate Iroegbunam and KKH but we can't unleash 6 youngsters into the squad.

2 now, 2 Jan, 2 Summer. Just to keep the lights on. 

If you're 21 before 1st Jan 2023 then you have to be registered - therefore Archer is too old now and has to be registered.

We have 26 people at the club that need to be registered to play. Of those I think Wright, Sturridge, Carlos and Guilbert won't be registered - maybe Carlos brought back in after the Jan transfer window.

That leaves 22 so there's definitely room for some last minute signings - a CB on a short term loan would be ideal, or a short term contract. However, I'd rather we kept our powder dry, left a space in the 25 and pursued Zagadou and/or Denayer once the window closes.

Other than CB we're only really short out wide - but Gerrard seems to be single-handedly messing up this area of the squad to make sure that he doesn't have the tactical flexibility to bring on width and if that's the sword he wants to fall on, so be it. very frustrating that we'll have to bring in 2/3 wingers in Jan, or recall Traore, but at least we'll have space in the squad to do it. 

Ideally I'd go back in for Sarr now, steal Everton's bid for Garner and then Denayer in a week or so. Then Sanson can go and we'd have a strong side for Poch 

1 minute ago, a-k said:

We had that option and loaned or sold three wingers this window

thats a bit of a moot argument, if we considered El Ghazi or Trez good enough for our first 11, i would be asking for you to be med screened.

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Moura, nice guy, good player… on his day… too inconsistent and too one dimensional. Also not a fan of his age. I’ll pass 

dont worry about his age mate.

He's 5ft 6, would fit perfect in to our first 11, might even be one of our larger players, to help defend set pieces/corners etc.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we change managers yeah, sure.

If we’re suddenly going to play with wingers or wide players, then we need a left sided one… not yet another RW 🤦‍♂️

Just have doubts about whether we even know what we’re doing, judging by what’s going on out there on the pitch, I would suggest no… WTF is even going on? 🤷‍♂️

But I’ll take Lucas IF it means Poch is coming! 😁

Otherwise no, sick of us targeting older players on big wages, stupid contracts… hate these financial burdens…

Kind of hate that Gerrard has changed our strategy when it hasn’t even benefitted us as all…

We need a “winner” of a manager not some overpaid old farts 😆

SG OUT!