Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Yes, but because the £15m was split up between a £3m loan fee and £12m transfer fee it doesn't count for some reason 🙄

Also, I'm pretty sure the fee reported when we signed him was £11m anyway?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good Tweet mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I absolutely understand your frustrations, they are well founded.

Though, we don't know what is going on in the background, we could have a couple of deals we've been working on for a long time about to come to fruition, or we could be wildly scrabbling around, as so little tends to get leaked it is difficult to tell.

We had a big squad at the beginning of the window, and we've trimmed it considerably, I don't think we are desperate for bodies, but we can't really let too many more go without having immediate replacements. If Sanson goes, we've no real cover for Ramsey or McGinn for example.

The injury to Carlos is bad luck, and it has messed up our transfer plans no doubt about it, after letting Hause go out on loan I'm expecting a defender to come in, but I'm not expecting great quality.

Yeah I don’t have a clue what is actually going, it’s just that everything feels so bad atm and concerning… we are fast running out of time though…

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its veey concerning to me as i think we need 2-4 and i expect probably only one comes in.

Surprised you even think one, I’m not sure anybody comes in now that impacts the first team

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I don’t have a clue what is actually going, it’s just that everything feels so bad atm and concerning… we are fast running out of time though…

Agree with this. I think part of the problem is that Villa is far too tight on information. We shouldn’t have a Hairy Redknob keeping Sky Sports News amused but a little more info on what the club is trying to do would help us all.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Has anything went right since we sold Grealish?  Feels like it's been all downhill since then apart from the few wins Gerrard got when he first came in.  

I was thinking the same earlier…

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Has anything went right since we sold Grealish?  Feels like it's been all downhill since then apart from the few wins Gerrard got when he first came in.  

nope

i think the mentality of the club and the fans and all our momentum has hit a massive slide

not so much our inability to replace him effectively but the dip in form from watkins, konsa, targett and how smith couldnt get a tune out of us and now gerrard, it was the catalism, not saying the rot has come back from the lerner years but the feel good factor has long gone

compare that to newcastle who i dont think have that good of a squad but they are definitely riding the feel good factor, we're 2 clubs heading in the opposite direction

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Yes, but because the £15m was split up between a £3m loan fee and £12m transfer fee it doesn't count for some reason 🙄

Also, I'm pretty sure the fee reported when we signed him was £11m anyway?

Whether you account for it as a small loss or a small profit, it's not a lot over  a long time. Reflects the fact that in that time we have signed a lot with very limited resale value. 

The youth players we have signed will hopefully come good, though this will take time - Chukwuemeka is maybe a promising sign of what we can do, though  would have preferred him to go for £40m plus after a good season or two under his belt.

Realistically,  our aim at the moment should be a mid table selling club. Signing and developing  talented, hungry players that perform well,  are sold for a profit, and replaced in a way that strengthens the squad over time allowing the club to progress.

Over the last couple of seasons, you could say that we were heading that way - Cash, Konsa, Luiz, Ramsey, Grealish. It feels like we are stagnating  now - hard to say who is improving as a player and it feels like we are back to the bad old days of  buy high, sell low.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I firggin' hate Villa.  Just thought I'd share that.

Find me a fan that doesn’t! We give little bits, to raise hopes, then it’s like the club gets scared and so reverts backwards for the lols. 

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not even that first sentence went right ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, allani said:

I wonder how many clubs actually do make an overall profit on signings?  I also wonder what kind of meltdown fans would be having if a team raised £550 million through player sales and then only bought £465 million of players to replace / upgrade them.  Even if the team progressed from narrowly escaping relegation to mid-table - with a £85 million transfer profit most fans would be moaning like hell about the ambitions of the owners and them only being interested in making money. 

Not that  many I'd  guess - but it's  what we need to do to improve our standing. 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

didnt see much of him at norwich but from what i did see he was really slow on the ball, to coin a NFL QB term it was like he was going through his progressions, he didnt pick the first pass instantly which as a cliche is obviously the best pass he looked at 5 team mates before going back to the first pass and it killed them

Looked good with Chelsea and Scotland though. 

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The Mail is reporting that it’s Newcastle going for Tielemans.

If Newcastle get Tielemans for £19m, when we have openly talked about wanting a number 8 for months, then Lange and Purslow can follow Gerrard out the door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1