Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yeah so AC Milan can't convince him of success but we can?! This is a BS rumour and, realistically, Diallo is not coming here. 

Why is that so? We were told it was impossible Kamara would come here over Atletico. And look where we are. 

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

Out of curiosity which of our 11 would you think are better than Newcastle? Kamara, coutinho (maybe), digne and cash. Other than that I’m struggling 

Buendia, we haven’t seen enough of Botman yet to say he’s better than Mings or Carlos, who are better than Schär and Dan Burn is a unit but poor on the ball and we have better depth.

Others… Ramsey vs Almiron?

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

Out of curiosity which of our 11 would you think are better than Newcastle? Kamara, coutinho (maybe), digne and cash. Other than that I’m struggling 

From their side from the weekend:

Martinez over Pope at GK

Trippier over Cash at RB

Dinge over Burn at LB (lol)

Mings over Schar at CB

Botman over Konsa at CB

Ramsey (or Luiz) over Willock

Kamara level with Guimaraes

Joelinton over McGinn

Bailey over Almiron

St Maximin over Coutinho

Watkins/Ings around level with Wilson

• Like 4

Just now, Steero113 said:

Martinez over Pope at GK

Trippier over Cash at RB

Mings over Schar at CB

Botman over Konsa at CB

Joelinton over McGinn

Bailey over Almiron

St Maximin over Coutinho

Yeah I think I’d pretty much agree with this. I’d argue burn would 100% be starting cb for us over mings. It’s interesting to look at though. 

• Like 2

I got a horrible feeling that in order to snap up one of the big players we need we might need to offer the likes of Buendia or Ramsey (for example) to seal the deal.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Martinez over Pope at GK

Trippier over Cash at RB

Mings over Schar at CB

Botman over Konsa at CB

Joelinton over McGinn

Bailey over Almiron

St Maximin over Coutinho

There is not much in it but from watching them play the approach seems to be remain very solid and hard to break down then give the ball to St Maximin to run riot. We don’t have any player like him when he is firing. I don’t think any team in the league has. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I got a horrible feeling that in order to snap up one of the big players we need we might need to offer the likes of Buendia or Ramsey (for example) to seal the deal.

What? Why? I can’t see this at all

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

There is not much in it but from watching them play the approach seems to be remain very solid and hard to break down then give the ball to St Maximin to run riot. We don’t have any player like him when he is firing. I don’t think any team in the league has. 

Yeah, I would say our squad is superior on paper, but the coaching offered by Howe and the destructive power of ASM are pushing them miles ahead of us at present. I hope that can change quickly though as we are underperforming. 

ASM is essentially their Jack. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Imagine if you'd said either of these two a year ago

What they have done with Joelinton is nothing short of a miracle. 

The guy was a meme, almost to the level of being a laughing stock not 12 months ago...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

The guy was a meme, almost to the level of being a laughing stock not 12 months ago...

He was the Brazilian Geoff Horsfield.

• Haha 2

Just why aren't we seriously targeting a CM, that's the decision I'd love to know from the manager.

Timeline is this:

January:

Bid for Bentancur and Bissouma. Didn't get either.

May- Sign Kamara

August-Seemingly give up signing anyone else when he made McGinn captain.

I can only guess Gerrard has very high standards for what he wants in signing a new CM and there's just no one on the market seemingly who'd interest him but imo it will cost him his job in next few months.

Seems it's a case of better the devil you know with McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, Nakamba an experienced group of prem midfielders now but it's simply not a good enough group to break into top 10.

Even a Wolves type signing of Nunes to drop into the 11 straight away would be exciting but we're just not getting linked with anyone.

Perhaps if Rice runs riot yet again on Sunday we'll do a last minute deal, just hope it's a long term target and not a panic move.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That may be due to Howe v Gerrard as opposed to our respective transfer windows

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Three affordable and gettable targets for the back, middle and front of the team.

Caleta Car RCB

Abdou Diallo DCM

Ben Brererton Diaz attacking front three. 

while i was initially happy.......totally underwhelmed right now.

Carlos's injury obviously plays a big part in that, but hey ho!

48 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If he is looking for a sporting project we are well positioned. Send Gerrard and Purslow to his house with the PowerPoint and he is all but signed up

If he is looking for a sporting project he would be wise to ignore Gerrard

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was brilliant against Man City, but Saint-Maximin is usually a very frustrating player. Taking players on at every opportunity, refusing to pass, getting dispossessed around the halfway line leading to a counter for the opposition. Usually scores 3-4 goals per season with a similar number of assists. Just five months ago many Newcastle fans wanted him out of the club.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

while i was initially happy.......totally underwhelmed right now.

Carlos's injury obviously plays a big part in that, but hey ho!

Agreed. Only at Villa can optimism turn to pessimism in record time. Carlos is a huge blow and maybe a few of us were guilty of thinking Coutinho might not look as ineffective as he has done because we loved the thought of him having a whole season of what we saw those first few weeks in January.

We need a gamechanger at number 8 or I do worry for us this season. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He’s also a massive thug and I’m still annoyed he didn’t get sent off against us last season for his antics. Crazy how he pivoted to midfield so well.