Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

There is more to go before we start making any holes in the squad imo

If AEG is gone you have three forwards, we currently have three centre backs and we already thought we needed a midfielder.

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

Do you think Gerrard wants to play possession football tho?
If so why does he continue to play Ramsey and McGinn together knowing they aren't good in possession. 

Because he's not a particularly intelligent man?

Because he wants to play his system no matter the personnel?

Because he believes that they can improve in that area?

All the above?

Hopefully he can see that he's wrong and a new midfielder is on its way. Or we're screwed.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, messi11 said:

I'm confident we will sign a midfielder like Sangare(Similar to his profile) this summer. It will just come out the blue. Maybe tomorrow is the day 

Blimey! I like your confidence but I’ve thought the same for more windows than I care to remember only to be left disappointed and bewildered!

Despite both Dean and Gerrard identifying it as a priority it just hasn’t happened so far. I wonder if Lange has a different view and refuses to put much effort into it. Whatever the truth is, I think it’s Lange who should come under pressure if it doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

Do you think Gerrard wants to play possession football tho?
If so why does he continue to play Ramsey and McGinn together knowing they aren't good in possession. 

Gerrard said that he wanted to transition to possession football. Like you said, nether of those players can do that, so will be interesting to see what midfielder the club being in next. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Are people forgetting that we signed Kamara, he's exactly the type of midfielder that everyone one was wishing for before the window opened, we already signed the much wished for midfielder, he's a French international, and one that was mentioned as a target but most thought it unrealistic as he was being linked to more succesful clubs, the club haven't ignored the midfield issue, they signed a player for that area of the pitch that most of us couldn't have imagined even if our name was John Lennon.

We will probably or at least try to sign an additional midfielder to challenge Jacob Ramsey and McGInn in the box-to-box roles, but that wasn't something people were talking about us being in desperate need to improve at the start of the window, the DM was position that most were demanding to be improved and we've done that.

Point is I don't get why people on twitter not on here keep saying things like we've failed to address the midfield problem in yet another window, when the midfield problem was famously a lack of quality of a certain type in the DM position, and we've addressed that by making a most fantastic signing in Boubacar Kamara.

Nobody’s forgetting. I think Carlos and Kamara were great signings and we’re incredibly unlucky that Carlos is now out for most of the season. However, I’ve thought our whole midfield needed a bit of an overhaul for a year or so now. We were heavily linked to JWP last summer who is not a DM so presumably those behind the scenes think it too, we’re just struggling to either afford or get further signings over the line which is frustrating.

Now that Sarr is staying at Watford, and Isak is going to Newcastle, maybe we should make a move for Joao Pedro.

Shit loads of potential and can play anywhere across the front 3. Also won't get in the way of Archer's development as they are very different players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Now that Sarr is staying at Watford, and Isak is going to Newcastle, maybe we should make a move for Joao Pedro.

Shit loads of potential and can play anywhere across the front 3. Also won't get in the way of Archer's development as they are very different players.

Sure i saw on the Transfer show that Newcastle were in for him.

I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, picicata said:

All the above?

Hopefully he can see that he's wrong and a new midfielder is on its way. Or we're screwed.

Almost a year in and I haven't seen anything remotely close to the intelligent movement of players or a pattern of play that is evocative of anything other than a lump it forward style of play where your attacking tactics come down to hoping your creative players 'do something' when the ball lands in space. He's a clown of a coach who doesn't even have the charm of man-managers of the past. He's living on his name alone and his career as a coach at the top will be short-lived.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure i saw on the Transfer show that Newcastle were in for him.

I think.

Would of thought the Isak deal takes Newcastle out of the equation.

3 hours ago, picicata said:

All the above?

If he asks a new midfielder to play in the same average positions as Ramsey and McGinn have been playing they will struggle too

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Abdou Diallo has rejected the chance to join AC Milan. He is not convinced by the sporting project. Aston Villa remain in contention for the central defender

(Source Lequipe) "

Let’s hope 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Abdou Diallo has rejected the chance to join AC Milan. He is not convinced by the sporting project. Aston Villa remain in contention for the central defender

(Source Lequipe) "

The Hope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY