Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where are these kind of stats found ?

Whoscored.com, for one.

I've never really discerned how these sites and statisticians ascertain their numbers and what exactly qualifies as earning a digit. So I don't rely too heavily on them.

I'd think some sites would be brilliant  others reliant on copy and paste from one or various other sources, and some poor.

Edit: the moment when I realise you may have meant specific to the stated stats. 

1615608616_images(5)(18).jpeg.1d2dcd00fdaf44607b9e653ed8b82344.jpeg

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Whoscored.com, for one.

I've never really discerned how these sites and statisticians ascertain their numbers and what exactly qualifies as earning a digit. So I don't rely too heavily on them.

I'd think some sites would be brilliant  others reliant on copy and paste from one or various other sources, and some poor.

Edit: the moment when I realise you may have meant specific to the stated stats. 

I tried Whoscored but I wanted to see those specific stats for other players for balance as I’m pretty sure everyone had a shocker that game. Not just McGinn and Ramsey.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We desperately need a quality addition in midfield, in the meantime just play Luiz!

Exactly! there is absolutely no way Luiz should be on the bench and that says alot about our current midfield … and as bad as they both are between central defence and central midfield… i still think centre midfield is PRIORITY! But not by much

Konsa cannot be starting and i was his biggest fan but i got to do whats right for the club and neither should coutinho … Tim should be playing next to kamara with Luiz in front that would be much much more solid we wont get ran through and way more controlled and tidy i can assure you it would. ramsey and mcginn should be starting from the bench so we definitely need a new centre mid.  It is so crucial that we make this happen

Subs

Ramsey

Mcginn

Konsa

Coutinho

Watkins

Young

Augustinsson

Olsen

Archer

• Like 2

Zero faith in our direction from the recruitment side if we are signing Bednarek as a key option for our defence… five steps backwards and shows if we can sign him we will sign anybody that has two legs.. i know we cant sign another 30 mill cb but come on we can look for much better elsewhere 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Four years ago we announced Bolasie on loan. Wild. 

I went down a rabbit hole of highlights from the promotion season, and you'd be surprised how good Bolasie was early in Deano's reign. It's funny though, we signed him on what was it, something stupid like 80k/week, and yet Bruce was complaining that he didn't have a pot to piss in that summer 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I went down a rabbit hole of highlights from the promotion season, and you'd be surprised how good Bolasie was early in Deano's reign. It's funny though, we signed him on what was it, something stupid like 80k/week, and yet Bruce was complaining that he didn't have a pot to piss in that summer 😂

Bruce is a petty man.  Im convinced he left us with no centre halves and loads of attacking players out of spite for being called a boring defensive manager. 

Anyway back on topic.  A new centre half please.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Whoscored.com, for one.

Dude, I actually have attempted to reverse-engineer whoscored's algorithm before. I'll get back to you if I succeex

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think it’s clear that Villa like a bargain. We have our valuation for players and if they become available then we will swoop. The problem with this is that if they do not come available at the right price, then we seem to do nothing!

We simply cannot end another window without fully addressing our pitiful midfield. To me that means 2 more midfielders. If we have to pay over the odds to get it done, then that’s what we must do. It’s simply not acceptable to let another window drift by without fully addressing this major weakness.

I would be looking to go for two physical, big, athletic players similar to Sangare. Get these in and I’m sure that in time, the defence and attack would look much better without any further additions. It would be nice to get another centre back and another pacy forward but the priority has to be the midfield. Anything else would be a massive bonus.

The support that we have had from NSWE has been fantastic but I really feel we are at a critical part of our progression. If they are really serious about their intentions then now is not the time to back off. We must go for it! Hopefully this will happen over the next few days. If it doesn’t, then it’s going to be another very disappointing season, regardless of who the manager is.

Good post that nails it for me.

Yes we've been spending but we've yet to go out and get any marque players that we know for definate would make the difference instantly.

Get this sorted and the rest will look better.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I tried Whoscored but I wanted to see those specific stats for other players for balance as I’m pretty sure everyone had a shocker that game. Not just McGinn and Ramsey.

The relevance of these stats to Ramsey and Mcginn is they’re are starting central midfielders. You should be able to find it on sofascore. 

57 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Zero faith in our direction from the recruitment side if we are signing Bednarek as a key option for our defence… five steps backwards and shows if we can sign him we will sign anybody that has two legs.. i know we cant sign another 30 mill cb but come on we can look for much better elsewhere 

You raise a good point here. If we are as ambitious as Purslow and Gerrard tell us we are, then there is absolutely no way we should be considering buying or loaning players that clubs like Southampton (or similar) deem surplus to requirements.

I think that the only time a player who is surplus to requirements at his current club makes sense to a club like Villa, is if that player is already with a top club ( for example Diallo PSG).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Gerrard out. Oh, wait, deals collapse for other clubs all the time 

It would of gone through I heard till Gerrard got involve,  not only screwing our transfers but other teams as well. 

😁

50 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Good post that nails it for me.

Yes we've been spending but we've yet to go out and get any marque players that we know for definate would make the difference instantly.

Get this sorted and the rest will look better.

Isn't this what Moyes was saying about West Ham yesterday,  they are struggling to get that 1 very good quality signing as they are not classed as a big club. 

If they are struggling then no doubt we will. 

Newcastle are over paying for a bang average striker and no doubt ridiculous wages.