Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Tanganga can't be in any worse form than Konsa. To be fair, you could play my garden gate in place of Konsa at present and it would do more. 

Reckon the old garden gate could actually do a job for us:

Gate crash test - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Still need a central midfielder, a central defender and i guess a winger/striker by the Sarr bid.

I don't feel like we will get these 3 signings done in the next 8 days.

Not  a chance. We might get Bednarek on loan, can't see anything else unless the Sarr bid  gets reactivated if no other club goes in for him.

It's the wages. That's why we have such difficulty shifting players. I'm sure a bunch of continental teams are willing to meet our valuation but can't come close to the wage our players are currently on. It's to the point now that if you get a PL contract you are riding that thing out because outside of a select few teams, no one can come close to the money the PL has.

I think it was reddit so take it with a grain of salt but roughly 20 players left a continental CL team to come to a non CL team in the PL. We signed 3 here at Villa alone. Why would a player give up on CL football for the outside chance of maybe playing in the Europa conference league next season. Hint it isn't the weather. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Tanganga looked really good when he started to come through.

Silly name and no way can we find a chant to work with that so ..... don't go near this one !

Edited by Paul33

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's the wages. That's why we have such difficulty shifting players. I'm sure a bunch of continental teams are willing to meet our valuation but can't come close to the wage our players are currently on. It's to the point now that if you get a PL contract you are riding that thing out because outside of a select few teams, no one can come close to the money the PL has.

I think it was reddit so take it with a grain of salt but roughly 20 players left a continental CL team to come to a non CL team in the PL. We signed 3 here at Villa alone. Why would a player give up on CL football for the outside chance of maybe playing in the Europa conference league next season. Hint it isn't the weather. 

100 percent this.

You sort of can't blame the players for not wanting to take significant wage cuts either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Tangana looked really good when he started to come through.

For some reason I have it in my head he had a good game once marking Grealish

I remember last season like others Zaha got into his head and he got a stupid red card

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not  a chance. We might get Bednarek on loan, can't see anything else unless the Sarr bid  gets reactivated if no other club goes in for him.

No chance Bednarek is a loan deal, wouldn't make sense for them

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For some reason I have it in my head he had a good game once marking Grealish

I remember last season like others Zaha got into his head and he got a stupid red card

He did at the time he was playing quite well for Tottenham, until they played Palace where he got into it with Zaha. He called Zaha are pussy lol. I think after that he went a bit off the boil and got injured.