Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

52 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm clearly the only person on here who actually rates our two other centre backs 😂. Konsa at one point was a candidate for an England call up and chambers has never had a bad game for us and has some excellent ball carrying and distribution skills. Im happy for either of them to partner Ming's this season rather some buy some rando just for the sake of it

IMHO of course

Chambers has been great in the games he has played, has an eye for goal and can pick a pass, I’ve been pleasantly impressed with him, been a very good addition 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Holding is not the answer.

I fear for our scouting department if he's the best we can come up with.

If Holding is the answer what the **** was the question.

Like others have said if you aren't bringing in a player of such quality in that position that he is a guaranteed starter, what is the point? We don't lack numbers and as we signed Chambers in January we are better off now than we were this time last season.

Edit - just to add as well it is an opportunity for us to play a player we will sell next summer for a larger fee as they look useful.... if we are smart about it. So if you don't want Konsa for example then play him and sell him in the summer

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

Really interested in why we weren't in for Nunes at that price.

I can only think we aren't looking to spend that sort of money.

Same as Guimaraes, we will not be able to get a midfielder of that level for that price. Wolves will be selling him for £75m inside two years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Same as Guimaraes, we will not be able to get a midfielder of that level for that price. Wolves will be selling him for £75m inside two years.

Indeed. Looks like exactly the type of ‘8’ we are looking for. Mind you he did turn down WHam so the Portuguese connection at Wolves with Lange influential probably swung it. 

I’m beginning to think that our wage structure has been reigned in a bit following PC and BK signings and that may be what is restricting our activity. 

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

My guess is he's going to Forest for a reason, all big clubs seems to have passed on him, you'd have to wonder why at £12m.

Wasn’t that long ago he was linked to the likes of Arsenal for £40-50m 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wolves basically have a monopoly on the Portuguese League.