Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I was commenting on your implication we can only work on one signing at a time.

Come on man, stop trying to be clever, we aren't going to sign anyone else or we would have done it by now. 

We will sign at best a replacement for Carlos and that will be it, probably someone not close to his level and most likely a bit of a panic buy. The CM will be the same as last season, Luiz probably won't sign a new deal as that is dragging, and no new CF. How can anyone be optimistic about that.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

NONE OF THEM ARE BALL PLAYING CBS

What is so hard for so many Villa fans to understand!!!!?!?!?!!

Chambers is defo a ball playing defender.

I suppose the question is whether he is good enough overall to be the no.1 RCM in Carlos' absence.

tbf tho, Gerrard seems to prefer Konsa.

A high quality loan would for a CB would make sense if we can arrange it, but I can't see us splurging big dollar to take our squad CB count to 6.

Chambers and Konsa should be able to cover in the meantime - Chambers deserves a go IMO.

If we still have decent money to spend then strengthening the midfield remains the priority IMO - but we may need to sell first.

Could use this as an opportunity to upgrade the CB position.

Try and sell Hause and Konsa and generate about £20m between them and go and sign a top class defender.

Then when Carlos is back you'll have him, Mings, Chambers and the potential new signing to choose from.

Just now, duke313 said:

Our finances must not be as great as some people think, we have a net spend over last two season of -£16m, which is quite low compared to most other teams in the league.

Our wages have massively increased though

Except Grealish the other players we lost were not on big wages

Kamara, Ings and Digne for example are probably on 3 times as much as Samatta, Hourihane and Targett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Our finances must not be as great as some people think, we have a net spend over last two season of -£16m, which is quite low compared to most other teams in the league.

I think it’s more the squad size and associated wage bill.

We are paying for a poor record in the transfer market resulting in us buying players, realising they’re not good enough and either loaning them out or selling them at a loss.

If Gerrard is not going to use Guilbert, Traore, Sanson and Hause then they have to leave to give us any chance of bringing in improvements to the starting 11.

Otherwise we will stand still, at best, this season.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

we did sell a £100m player to skew that number

the wage bill will almost definitely have increased by a few hundred thousand a week

with the CB i think we need to not panic and see what our long term plan is / was, we buy a new one for £40m how does that factor in what we were doing long term, do we go with the assumption that carlos will be back next year 100% fit and normal and therefore maybe get a loan? if the plan was carlos this summer a.n.other next summer than we pull a.n.other forward a year, if the plan was the youngsters come in 2023/24/25 then again the answer is loan

i think we'll loan an old boy and moan like **** about it, wouldnt say no to us moaning a high potential youngster though and seeing if we can get some favourable clauses in, Nianzou being the obvious one even if he does have off the field problems

the other thing on net spend is we got kamara for £0 and coutinho for what we all considered a bargain

if we'd paid £40m for each the net spend concern would go away but the smarts of negotiation would go away too, the net spend argument to me almost seemingly criticises purslow for getting in 2 top players for very little in terms of transfer fee

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Again your not accounting for wages, signing on fees etc. It's just not that simple.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think we'll loan an old boy and moan like **** about it, wouldnt say no to us moaning a high potential youngster though and seeing if we can get some favourable clauses in, Nianzou being the obvious one even if he does have off the field problems

Bayern want to loan him to a Bundesliga club if they can. Maybe to Leipzig for Laimer 

• Like 1