Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

It pains me to say this but you watch Bruno over at Newcastle and we don't have a single midfielder like that in our entire squad. We desperately need that link between attack and defense. 

• Like 3

I don't think there is a single, realistic, signing that can counter the many issues we have with Gerrard.

This squad should be capable of 10th by letting it simply tick over with easy safe decisions, a good manager could get it finely tuned to 7th or 8th... Gerrard is sabotaging it the point I think we'll do worse than last season.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It pains me to say this but you watch Bruno over at Newcastle and we don't have a single midfielder like that in our entire squad. We desperately need that link between attack and defense. 

When you try to tell people that YES , we indeed do have a squad with very good players in it, but not necessarily the " right type of player " or balance of squad, they still don't get it though.

SG selections from what we've got, haven't necessarily helped either to be fair. 

• Like 2

Sure most clubs in Europe would have liked to sign Kessie on a free. I doubt he ever had us as an option. For one I'm sure I read he was only interested in CL clubs.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Any risk we're presented with an opposite kind of issue where a few players signed off the back of Gerrard's reputation might get disillusioned if he gets the boot quite quickly this season? Assume it might depend on who we replaced him with. 

The Gerrard signings will be as eager as the others to play in a well functioning, successful team. If the atmosphere in the team is negative and Villa play badly, they’ll be as happy as us to see a new manager come in.

Aston Villa's midfield on final day of the season 19/20 against West Ham where we finish 1 point from the drop. Here was our Midfield that day:

image.png.477d86f7e12f1b9a0bac1ffefcdcb007.png

Asif we still rocking Mcginn and Luiz🤣 Now Mcginn the club captain and undroppable. 

How come we've failed to improve our midfield? 

image.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Aston Villa's midfield on final day of the season 19/20 against West Ham where we finish 1 point from the drop. Here was our Midfield that day:

Asif we still rocking Mcginn and Luiz🤣 Now Mcginn the club captain and undroppable. 

image.png

For me midfield is probably the most important part of the team so why have we done so little to improve. On this site many have been crying out for midfield improvements for some time. To the club I say - action this day. Please.

• Sad 1

We haven't done nearly enough in the transfer market, just two new starting players, that in itself wouldn't be bad, but that's two players added to a team that finished fourteenth last season and people are demanding challenge for Europe this season, just not going to happen whoever is in charge, other teams are starting to strengthen now, at this stage we're arguably weaker relative to the rest of the league than we were last season.

As it stands we will be overachieving to finish top half.

Hopefully more work in the transfer market to be done a few signings in key positions will give us a much better chance of finishing top half, and higher if things go our way.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.png

Too be fair, Luiz is still relatively young. One could say he’s grown a lot since then and is still developing.

I do think I the lack of recent signings is down to a variety of the complex issues … Domino effect, players waiting to see who else may come in before committing. Haggling over fees / wages, agents … Poss work permit issues etc. etc. There’s no way Lange & are sitting around with their heads in the sand content, they’ll be in talks daily…

Alludes to me the calibre of players we are looking at IMO as well. Too long we’ve settled for second best and panic bought with no sense of plan. And if the right players aren’t available for whatever reason what should the club do- settle for 2nd/3rd choice or wait until the opportune moment? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

OT but see Mikkel Damsgaard has signed for Brentford for £12mill + add ons… Would’ve taken  him here…

He couldnt get back into the Sampdoria team after he was injured most of last season, apparently his knee is **** long term

• Thanks 2