Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think the opposite, we have plenty of number 10’s even with Carney gone.  I think if they bring in a forward it will be an upgrade or at least a starter for the central striking role.  I’m not sure we are specifically looking to replace Carney, we are looking for 1st team starters in the CM and CF roles.  Carney had huge potential but was way down the pecking order at the moment for starting and sub use.

Yeah your right bang on, even though i want him to flop now i think carney has that champions aura about him the way he talks, the look and his overall image added to his talent so i think he will be a star which gets me quite bitter i have to say as losing him feels quite sore, but if him and his agent want different then they can do one i suppose , whoever is next up in the academy needs to be given what they want ( to an extent) so we dont keep losing our star youngsters 

51 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah your right bang on, even though i want him to flop now i think carney has that champions aura about him the way he talks, the look and his overall image added to his talent so i think he will be a star which gets me quite bitter i have to say as losing him feels quite sore, but if him and his agent want different then they can do one i suppose , whoever is next up in the academy needs to be given what they want ( to an extent) so we dont keep losing our star youngsters 

I’m not bitter!  

Carney has huge potential but it’s only potential at this stage.  Many many youngsters have massive potential but never get close to fulfilling it, in fact very few ever do and it’s rare that there are guarantees like a Rooney or a Messi.  

There is a small chance he’ll be a superstar, a chance he could just fade out of PL level but most likely he’ll be good PL player.  He has more chance of being a superstar than many youngsters but far from certain.  

Given he didn’t want to stay, hadn’t really impacted the first team, one year left on the contract and unknown whether he’ll fulfil his talent I’m delighted with £15-20m.  

I’d rather he’d stay obviously but based on stats the chances of becoming a superstar are small so the money more than compensates plus we have kids who are just as likely to be stars as him like Archer, A.Ramsey, Timmy, Feeney and more.  

I’m not bitter even if he becomes a superstar, I’m actually not that fussed because we got him, had a few years and sold him for a mint.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

whoever is next up in the academy needs to be given what they want ( to an extent) so we dont keep losing our star youngsters 

Total madness. The next youngster with an overinflated opinion of themselves who feel they don't even have to prove themselves to oust a member of the first XI before desiring champions league football and mega wages can go exactly the same way, in my opinion.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Total madness. The next youngster with an overinflated opinion of themselves who feel they don't even have to prove themselves to oust a member of the first XI before desiring champions league football and mega wages can go exactly the same way, in my opinion.

He can’t get into our first team but seems to think he will get in the Chelsea first team… they must be on the decline.

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Was more a case of give them more playing time more than the money sorry missed that out but we got to be able to showcase our power 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Werner for me

12 in 50 games Timo 😂 nah only kidding , its a weird one because he got more than plenty goals for leipzing … depay isn’t bad at all for barcelona its just that barca standard is freaking high!… i think people dont like his swagger more than anything but he hasn’t drifted away from the football he still has huge concentration for his craft… 

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's said Gerrard still wants an 8 and maybe a striker. 

Well I want washboard abs, a divorce, and a night of debauchery with Ana De Armas, but want doesn't get does it 

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well I want washboard abs, a divorce, and a night of debauchery with Ana De Armas, but want doesn't get does it 

You can get washboard abs, that’s down to you.

You can get a divorce, expensive but you can do it.

Sorry, due to bro code Ana is off limits, I saw her first 😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, RicRic said:

12 in 50 games Timo 😂 nah only kidding , its a weird one because he got more than plenty goals for leipzing … depay isn’t bad at all for barcelona its just that barca standard is freaking high!… i think people dont like his swagger more than anything but he hasn’t drifted away from the football he still has huge concentration for his craft… 

I think we could actually do worse than Timo on loan, maybe even with an option?

Don't Newcastle want him though?

He's versatile in the sense that he can play all across the front and is an absolute nuisance,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we could actually do worse than Timo on loan, maybe even with an option?

Don't Newcastle want him though?

He's versatile in the sense that he can play all across the front and is an absolute nuisance,

Is he even available?

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Is he even available?

Yup chelsea have been trying to offload him to both Leipzig and Real, would love it if we managed to get him, he’d be a massive improvement on Watkins and Ings

• Like 1